brands of superchargers

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
2KITR
New ITRCA Member

brands of superchargers

Post by 2KITR »

Does anyone know of any other brands that make superchargers for the type R besides jackson racing? i dont realy want to get an eaten style supercharger, i want one more liek the vortech superchargers instead so i can intercool it and use a blow off valve but i have yet to find one, please let me know if there are any, and if so where i could find some for cheaper new or used. thanx
i enjoi my ITR :)
Blazin ITR
New ITRCA Member

Re: brands of superchargers

Post by Blazin ITR »

2KITR wrote:Does anyone know of any other brands that make superchargers for the type R besides jackson racing? i dont realy want to get an eaten style supercharger, i want one more liek the vortech superchargers instead so i can intercool it and use a blow off valve but i have yet to find one, please let me know if there are any, and if so where i could find some for cheaper new or used. thanx
http://www.Procharger.com

I'm thinking about this set-up myself. Go to http://www.clubsi.com and search for AKA "GhostSi". He has a procharger kit in his Si with 10-psi dyno at 240HP and 180Tq.

Good luck!
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Re: brands of superchargers

Post by fredtoast »

2KITR wrote:so i can intercool it and use a blow off valve
What would be the purpose of a blow off valve with a supercharger?

Go to the forced induction forum at honda-tech.com and "forced induction integras" at hostboard.com. There are some real FI experts there. From what I have read the vortech sc combines the worst elements of both a turbo (slow spool up time) and a supercharger (limited top end power). If you want tons of top end power (and a blow off valve) then why not just go turbo?
98-0658