Selling my R ='''''(

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Selling my R ='''''(

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

As the title says, I am selling my car. Reason: theft is seriously bothering me. I can't go anywhere without worrying about my car. There are alot of places that I won't even go with that car, let alone leave it parked. I found a buyer and he is offering me 24750 for my R. Its an 01 NB with 5960 miles. Car is 100% stock except for an upgraded sound system. I am going to replace it with an RX-7 R2. I have only had my R for 3 months now but I hate worrying about it all the time. I just wanted your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!!!
01 ITR 703
integra891
New ITRCA Member

Re: Selling my R ='''''(

Post by integra891 »

Get LoJacked and get a security system which goes off if anyone gets within 5 feet of the car! I am in the market for a type R but I live in CA and I have had the same reservations about the car. But I after much consideration I have come to the conclusion that I would rather be worried about a type R than not to own one at all. Hey, the RX 7 is a great car as well but I would stick with the type R.
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

While you won't have to worry about theft so much, be ready for lots of maintenance for the RX7, make sure you get an unmodified one with either a very low-mileage or newly rebuilt engine, and one that was not abused.
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

I have to agree while low theft rates are enticing the ITR is a masterpiece keep it. just my .02
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Screw that. If anybody offered me $20k, much less almost $25k, my R is getting signed over :lol: I've had her for almost exactly a year now and have more than gotten my money's worth of enjoyment out of her. Dude, if the guy's serious and theft worries you so much, sell her to him. You'll never, and I mean NEVER, get another offer that high.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

Car will be kept. The financial deal seems shady. I'll explain later. I have to run to work now.
01 ITR 703
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Good call; if you ever have any doubts about money transactions of this magnitude, walk away.