Price of itr

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dc2typeR
New ITRCA Member

Price of itr

Post by Dc2typeR »

hi, i am new to this forum and this would be my very first post
i am currently 15 and lookin forward to buy a type r when im 17, my friend said, a type r's price never drops, so i wonder how much it would be around approximately
also how much would the jdm front spoiler cost?
i am still a newb to cars, i need a lot of help from u guys
thanks
also, of course a friendly hello, to all of you =)
Derek
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Re: Price of itr

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

i said the same thing when i was 15. i'm 19 now and just got my R a couple months ago. My advice is to start saving. Its gonna be awhile before you can get a Type R. Another thing, learn how to drive. A type R is not for amateurs. If you don't have the experience, you will only crash a R. The JDM front will run you with installation anywhere between 3.5-5k.
01 ITR 703
Dev
ITRCA Member

Post by Dev »

i think that you should ride a beater in high school for a couple reasons.

1. jealous uperclassmen will hack the shit out of it when their girlfreinds want rides home

2. cops will follow you too and from school because they "like the way exhaust from the vtec smells"

3. YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO SNEAK OUT OF THE PARKING LOT

4. you will have to take a job at a burger joint or worse...the supermarket to afford insurance.

If you dont mind these things do it up, you'll love it,

Dev
Jinx
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jinx »

wow, wouldnt gettin an R at 17 be a lil too early? :roll:
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I had to wait till I was 30 to get mine :lol:

But really, 17 is kinda young to be driving any kinda fast car. I know I would have been dead a long time ago if I had a quick car.

Buy a beater and finish school, in the meen time save your money and get good grades.
swed
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by hondafanatic »

buy a crappy car and learn how it works and how to fix it. If its cheap it wont be too bad if you screw it up learning.

trust no mechanic to repair your car they are liars and cheat (my opinion) obviously there are exceptions.

However if you buy a cheap car it will need repaird and its a good time to learn about how to fix stuff.

Then when you get an ITR you will know enough to maintain it properly and you wont have to work on cars anymore.
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

I dont mean to sound cruel, but IMHO there is no way an ITR should be your first vehicle. Get something cheap and reliable, as I will almost guarentee you will have some sort of incident/accident in your first few years driving. Learn to drive, autocross it, (even if its a POS) get a few years under your belt, then maybe think about getting one.
Also, one more thing to consider insurance on a <21 driver (and even under 25 really) will be absolutey sky-high.

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, as most of us probably would have felt that way when we were 17. I know I wanted a sports car so bad I could hardly stand it. Instead I drove a POS for years and I look back now, my friends and I would all likely be dead if we did some of the stupid stuff we did (we were young and invincible, right!?) in a higher hp car.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Post by fredtoast »

Hey, guys, you've got to remember that by the time he is ready to buy an R even the newest ones will be at least four years old. Contrary to popular opinon Type-R's do depretiate. So he will be able to pick one up for a reasonable price. They are only 195 HP, so I don't think it will be too much power for him to handle.

However it is still my opinion that a first car should be a beater. Inexperienced drivers wreck no matter what type of cars they have. I think it would be a shame (and very expensive) to get a very nice "first" car.

Fred, who bought a '67 Firebird at age 17, spent 4 months making it drivable, and totalled it within a year.
98-0658
JDMITR98
New ITRCA Member

Post by JDMITR98 »

17 year old w/ ITR= love from the insurance company!$$$
ricky1969
New ITRCA Member

Post by ricky1969 »

Dude, it all depends on what you want. If you can wait do what society tell you and do this. Get a good education, then go and get a good job so that you can finance your ride.
Or, get a GED(or Diploma) and start a business when you turn 18 and save for your car(while you drive a beater) and get the CLEANEST R you can find with cash in hand. Then watch as the face of the old owner drops as he sees a kid driving off in a car that he paid for with his own sweet and blood.

That is my .02 cents.