Alarm System!!! Need some opinions.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Alarm System!!! Need some opinions.

Post by YelZnkr »

I need to get an alarm system for my car. I was looking at a whole bunch, but i have no idea which ones are actually worth it. Not a dumb one that just beeps, cause those don't do shit. I'm looking for one under $500, so if you guys have any suggestions, that would be great.
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by hondafanatic »

I am happy with my factory one that also has keyless entry and didnt require cutting a single wire.

but it just has a siren and a hood disconnect alarm, however you can add sensory to the hood switch circuit pretty easy without compromising your wiring harness.

also it cost more that 500.00

they wouldnt give me the instructions or schematics which really sucked.

I think i had about 700or 800 in it parts and labor. Very high for an alarm, but like i said i wanted to preserve my wiring harness.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: Alarm System!!! Need some opinions.

Post by Dave-ROR »

YelZnkr wrote:I need to get an alarm system for my car. I was looking at a whole bunch, but i have no idea which ones are actually worth it. Not a dumb one that just beeps, cause those don't do shit. I'm looking for one under $500, so if you guys have any suggestions, that would be great.
I'm guessing you want something with a hood lock, pager, et cetera? I use a clifford IQ series alarm but I think virtually any alarm is useless. IMO the best defense is to make your car less visible/less appealing to a theif but that can be hard to do.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
PY-ITR1246
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY-ITR1246 »

well theres alot of alarms out there that do alot of different things, but nothing can completely stop a thief as far as an alarm goes. i think that the best thing to do would be to install a switch that turns off the fuel pump cause if theres no fuel the car is gonna be there the crook is just goin to take what he can grab.
other than that theres many things you can do just think and you should be able to come up with a couple.
2000 PY Type R #1246

Let the mods begin
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Post by moose6x3 »

I got my viper 690xv alarm a couple months ago. Its a little expensive but so are the other ones with pagers. The range is pretty crappy though. I think it cost me right around 500 for the alarm, kill switch, remote locks, battery backup, extra siren and install.
PY ITR 00-1405
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelZnkr »

I heard that clifford systems are pretty sophisticated, but can be pricy. I hear a lot about the Avonguard 4 or something like that. Do you think something that sophisticated will prevent my car from being stolen? Hey Moose i know this might sound stupid, but just want to clarify. When you said pager with the alrm system, does that mean that the system comes with a pager, and when installed, it goes off when your car is being broken into????[/quote]
chiggaz
New ITRCA Member

Post by chiggaz »

hi!there:
I personaly recommand clifford,i think Directed company is more reliable and more suitable for cars like type R,even though there's no way people can really prevent theft....
from what i know a pager alarm is called the 2-way alarm system,which comes in with a pager with LCD screen da u can see ur car status even u are away from ur car.
clifford does make pager alarm,it's called CLIFFORD MATRIX RESPONDER RS 3,u can go to http://www.directed.com to check it out,it's around 700 CDN installed,but i don't how much in USD,maybe u can try it!
ITR is the king of FF!!!
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Post by moose6x3 »

chiggaz wrote:hi!there:
a pager alarm is called the 2-way alarm system,which comes in with a pager with LCD screen da u can see ur car status even u are away from ur car.
Exactly what chiggaz said. But like what I said the range kinda sucks on them. They say its good for about 1/2 mile but its probably more like a 1/4 mile. From what I hear, its the same for all 2-way alarm systems.
PY ITR 00-1405
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelZnkr »

I went to directed electronics lastnight and checked out the clifford systems. I saw all the different models. It looked like the intelliguard 850 was the best. I also saw the resonder r3 witht the lcd screen. Which system is better???? Cause it looked like the intelliguard was better because of more accesories. Can you add more accessories to the responder system??? Cause i think no matter how short the range that the responder has, it is still useful.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I work for a lock and alarm co on the side a couple days a month. The only alarm worth paying for are CLIFFORD brand alarms. They offer a wireless fuel cut off, wireless immobilizer(good for 97-98 ITR's), and the black jax system which is an anty car jack device that requires the driver to enter a code into a 2 button pad each time any car door is opened and closed. If the code isnt punched in the system churps to remind you and if you dont enter the code after that the car stalls, fuel is cut windows go up and the siren sounds and will not stop till you enter the code with the key in the ignition.... All other alarms are useless I know trust me. CLIFFORDS have no wireing, there is nothing to grab and rip out under the steering column like every other alarm. They use one brain that is connected to the other pieces thru encrypted signals. The brain is hidden in the car usually in the dash. :wink:
Long story short, if you wanna upgrade don't waste your money unless its a Clifford.
:idea:
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelZnkr »

I work for a lock and alarm co on the side a couple days a month. The only alarm worth paying for are CLIFFORD brand alarms. They offer a wireless fuel cut off, wireless immobilizer(good for 97-98 ITR's), and the black jax system which is an anty car jack device that requires the driver to enter a code into a 2 button pad each time any car door is opened and closed. If the code isnt punched in the system churps to remind you and if you dont enter the code after that the car stalls, fuel is cut windows go up and the siren sounds and will not stop till you enter the code with the key in the ignition.... All other alarms are useless I know trust me. CLIFFORDS have no wireing, there is nothing to grab and rip out under the steering column like every other alarm. They use one brain that is connected to the other pieces thru encrypted signals. The brain is hidden in the car usually in the dash.
Long story short, if you wanna upgrade don't waste your money unless its a Clifford.

Which model has all that???? The new G5 Intelliguard 850??? Is the responder r3 better??? How much do they each cost, and how much for installation???
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I use a clifford 7000. All cliffords offer the key pad as an option most come with it standard. The avonguard 4 is the best system in my opinion. It basically has everything I explained earlier and a few options, like windows up & down, remote start, lights on and off shock and proximity sensor, some other stuff i can't think of also, all from the remote.

You can find one and get it installed at a CLIFFORD dealer for about $550. all the way up to $1,500.
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelZnkr »

OPIE112 have you heard of the 2-way pager system with clifford?? It has the lcd screen??? I'm interested in that. Do you know if that has all the same features as the other clifford alarm systems??
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

YelZnkr wrote:OPIE112 have you heard of the 2-way pager system with clifford?? It has the lcd screen??? I'm interested in that. Do you know if that has all the same features as the other clifford alarm systems??
The more apealing to the eye stuff you get, like a pager system the more it will cost. I know the system I've never installed one, any clifford will do though just specify what you want on it.
YelZnkr
New ITRCA Member

Post by YelZnkr »

Is something like that pager worth the money???? Is there a clifford alarm system that you would recommend???
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

check your pm's yelznkr
anubyss
New ITRCA Member

Post by anubyss »

Anyone know where I can pick up a concept 550 or Intelliguard 750? I wanted a mid range G5 series but no one around me seems to carry them yet. Anyone know how much they run?
VtecWhore
New ITRCA Member

Post by VtecWhore »

go with a compustar. they invented the 2 way fm i think.! also it is very important that you get it installed by a trusted and has a very good reputation. you dont want a butcher under ur dash.!!!! like circutcity and stuff. high skool drop outs/ ex car theives workin on your type R.