How much mileage do you get BEFORE the gas light comes on????

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typeruz
New ITRCA Member

How much mileage do you get BEFORE the gas light comes on????

Post by typeruz »

i get about 220 miles before it clicks on...with mixed street and highway, lot of revving/some vtecing. stock engine.

that works out to about 21 miles per gallon. i'm thinking this is too low.

could something be wrong??? i'll be replacing the PCV valve next week to rule that out.

also, the previous owner switched out the fuel rail to an AEM fuel rail and he added a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel filter........
could this stuff have anything to do with it????

thanks!!
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Re: How much mileage do you get BEFORE the gas light comes on????

Post by RGoose18 »

Not really, I get pretty bad mileage also, especially if I'm in VTEC. Reset your tripometer next fill up and don't let the tach rise above 5.5, you'll notice a big difference.
PY-ITR1246
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY-ITR1246 »

wow i get 275 most of the time and a couple times i got 300 and i dont really take it easy i just drive
2000 PY Type R #1246

Let the mods begin
PUNKITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by PUNKITR »

It all about how you drive, and where. I've gotten 230 miles on a tank, that was really driving hard on backroads for most of a weekend, and I've gotten 270 or so on the highway, little VTEC'ing. If your beating it and running hard a lot don't look for much more than 20-25 MPG....
Thanks, Matt
2004 wrx
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I kick the shit out of my R lots of bouncing i get 160-180 miles to a full tank. boooo. Changing my fuel filter when it sstops raining.
PUNKITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by PUNKITR »

I kick the shit out of my R lots of bouncing i get 160-180 miles to a full tank.
You must, cause I can be really tough on mine but I've never dipped that low, well okay, maybe once or twice I've only gotten 180 miles :lol:
Thanks, Matt
2004 wrx
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowDragon279 »

typeruz wrote:i get about 220 miles before it clicks on...with mixed street and highway, lot of revving/some vtecing. stock engine.

that works out to about 21 miles per gallon. i'm thinking this is too low.

could something be wrong??? i'll be replacing the PCV valve next week to rule that out.

also, the previous owner switched out the fuel rail to an AEM fuel rail and he added a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel filter........
could this stuff have anything to do with it????

thanks!!
Check your math that seems off. I keep track of my Fuel Economy. I fill my Car up every time and that is about every 10-14 days. My worse was 224.8 miles and I used about 11 gallons to fill it up. That is about 20 miles per gallon. My Highest was 284 miles in 10 gallons. I usually fill my car up when the needle hits E and it is about 10.5 gallons on average.

I have also noticed that if I fill it up at every 1/2 tank I get about between 25-30 Miles per gallon depending on my Driving. HY Miles are going to give more MPG cause of the consistency.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

average about 250's or so maybe a little higher in town... just did a long trip this weekend and got 345 to the tank (didn't hit VTEC once though).

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
Eva01
ITRCA Member

Post by Eva01 »

I usually get about 29-30mpg. Mostly highway miles. What is your fuel pressure set at?
Dupes
ITRCA Member

Post by Dupes »

I get about 400km per tanks, and as soon the gas lights goes off, i put in 40-41 liters in the tank...

Normal driving that is.
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97 »

RGoose18 wrote:Not really, I get pretty bad mileage also, especially if I'm in VTEC. Reset your tripometer next fill up and don't let the tach rise above 5.5, you'll notice a big difference.
damn i can't do that in a full tank i have to hit vtec couple times, too hard to resist plus the tach needle rises so fast.

mmmbahhhhhh hehe love that sound :D
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowDragon279 »

e r i c s 9 9 s i wrote:average about 250's or so maybe a little higher in town... just did a long trip this weekend and got 345 to the tank (didn't hit VTEC once though).

Wow that is some kinda control. A Type R is supposed to be Driven like a Type R. My R isn't Happy unless She is in VTEC. These cars are supposed to be reved. But it is nice to see that it still can be a fuel economical car
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

I'll stay outta VTEC for a bit at $2.05 a gallon!!