something wrong with the brakes? or alignment...which one...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

something wrong with the brakes? or alignment...which one...

Post by Jason Moon »

everytime i brake i almost feel as if the car is hydroplaning. the steering wheel vibrates and i feel as if my tires not pasted to the asphalt but instead up in the air. i believe its something wrong with the way the pads grip. or the rotor is warped. can anyone answer my question?

o yeah, also when it rains the rear back seats get wet. dont know where the water leaks through. WHERE IS IT?!?!?!
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

Vibration could definitely be from warped rotors. I had the same problem on my Integra. When slowing down, the steering wheel and front end would vibrate pretty bad. Once I had the rotors resurfaced, it never vibrated again.

I think the Acura mechanic said that if it vibrates when stopping/slowing down in the steering wheel, it's usually the rotors. If it vibrates in the rear, it's an alignment/wheel/tire problem.

As for the water leak, sounds like you have some weather stripping that may be loose causing the leak. Either that, or there is a blockage in one of the drainage areas in the rear hatch.
00' PY ITR - SOLD! (I miss her!)
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
03' S2K - New Formula Red
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

It is morethan likly not warped rotors but pad material transfer. That said having the rotors resurfaced (turned) will fix this problem. Once you have that done you need to bed in the pads properly to help keep the problem from happening again.

This isn't uncommon and can be fixed with sandpaper and some elbow grease as well.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

thank ya people for the answers. as for trey, so how do you repair the warped rotor and as for the pads do i just sand about a millimeter off it and grease it?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

You can just scuff up the surface with sand paper (good luck taking even 1mm off with sand paper). Do NOT grease them just bed the pads by doing easy stops 35 to 5 then 65 to 15 a few times.
Jason Moon
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jason Moon »

"easy stops 35 to 5 then 65 to 15 a few times." - trey

what does this mean?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

IT is how you "bed Brakes". YOu really might shoudl call Andie at http://www.cobaltfriction.com for a best explanation of this. Basically you don't want to come to a complete stop but you do want to drive around and work the material from the pads onto the rotor in a smooth fashion.