CHEAP INSURANCE?????

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
leboeuf45
New ITRCA Member

CHEAP INSURANCE?????

Post by leboeuf45 »

I was just wandering if anyone knows of a insurance company that doesnt consider the R as a dam ferrari!!! Im having trouble finding one thats not high asa hell..Please can someone help.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I pay $80 a month at liberty mutual but I am 37 and have lojack also 8)
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
natedogg2669
New ITRCA Member

Post by natedogg2669 »

It really depends on your age and insurance company along with driving history (tickets).

My insurance ranged from $600-$690 every six months. I was 25 when I bought my R, I've been insured by Nationwide since I was 16, I've had five speeding tickets (but went to traffic school for all of them), and now I get a multi-car discount because I own two vehices. My insurance was more on my WRX.

I'm about to get another ITR, so I expect my insurance to be less this time around because I'm older and the car is also older.
00' PY ITR - SOLD! (I miss her!)
02' WRX - SOLD!
01' S2K - SOLD!
03' S2K - New Formula Red
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

insurance

Post by Jan Niemi »

I pay just under $500 every 6 months with a three car policy discount through State Farm, and I'm in Michigan where everything is expensive.
I'm 33 and have never had any points on my license.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
housecat
New ITRCA Member

Post by housecat »

I pay $315 a month.

yes, I am telling the truth.

yes, it is the cheapest possible way to insure my car. I have full coverage with $1000 deductables.

I'm 23 with 3 tickets.

Check out Progressive, and if you don't live in suburbia, find a friend who does and say the car is kept there. My insurance would be twice as much if they knew I lived in the city.
'97 ITR
'00 Civic EX
'87 & '81 RX-7s
typeRated
New ITRCA Member

Post by typeRated »

It's high on insurance to own an R ..
I'm also 23 have a very good driving record with one ticket and the insurance I have now is Geico which was cheaper than Progressive..
220 per month .
I was paying 260 per month w/Progressive and I also was always searching for lower prices on insurance..
Can't wait to turn 25.....
leboeuf45
New ITRCA Member

Post by leboeuf45 »

Thanks guys al you still pay less than me though mine is about 430 a month with progressive!!!!!!!
porkbone
New ITRCA Member

Post by porkbone »

I have GEICO, and they were almost half the price of Progressive for me. Personally, I pay about $150 a month for 3 cars: Type R, 90 Civic, and 90 Geo Prizm (winter beater). I am 26 and married, however, and I live in Wisconsin.

That having been said, Progressive quoted me $300 per month, WAY more than I pay now. It seems certain insurance companies are aware of the theft risk for Type-R's, while other companies have no idea.
porkbone
New ITRCA Member

Post by porkbone »

I have GEICO, and they were almost half the price of Progressive for me. Personally, I pay about $150 a month for 3 cars: Type R, 90 Civic, and 90 Geo Prizm (winter beater). I am 26 and married, however, and I live in Wisconsin.

That having been said, Progressive quoted me $300 per month, WAY more than I pay now. It seems certain insurance companies are aware of the theft risk for Type-R's, while other companies have no idea.
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

housecat wrote:I pay $315 a month.

yes, I am telling the truth.

yes, it is the cheapest possible way to insure my car. I have full coverage with $1000 deductables.

I'm 23 with 3 tickets.

Check out Progressive, and if you don't live in suburbia, find a friend who does and say the car is kept there. My insurance would be twice as much if they knew I lived in the city.
i am with progressive (lagrange wouldnt insure my car) and i pay 334/mo. im 20 with 3 tickets and 2 wrecks (none my fault, on the police report) and 2 deer dead :shock:
'98 Integra Type R #363