JUN LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
leboeuf45
New ITRCA Member

JUN LIGHTWEIGHT FLYWHEEL

Post by leboeuf45 »

I have a JUN 10 lbs flywheel on my 98 ITR, and about once a week when i go to start it the starter hits wrong on the wheel causing a horrible sound. I called the place where i purchased all my parts and had them installed and they said that JUN doesnt have an application for USDM ITRS, and the one i have is for the JDM model. They said that the gears are slightly diffrent, Ive had it at the acura dealership and they have tried filing it down put the problem is still there. I was just wandering if there was anyone out there that knows if that is tru,or are is having the same problems?? Thanks for anything that will help.
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

It's a known problem, but not everyone experiences it. Filing the teeth of the flywheel is one approach that may or may not work ... and apparently it didn't work for you. You can try to source a JDM starter and replace your US unit. Some people have said this ultimately corrected their grinding problems. I heard a 99/00 Si starter may work too, but don't quote me on that.
2005 s2000
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Tony wrote:It's a known problem, but not everyone experiences it. Filing the teeth of the flywheel is one approach that may or may not work ... and apparently it didn't work for you. You can try to source a JDM starter and replace your US unit. Some people have said this ultimately corrected their grinding problems. I heard a 99/00 Si starter may work too, but don't quote me on that.
99/00 Si starter will work. :thumbup:
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

dawhiteboy wrote:99/00 Si starter will work. :thumbup:
Thanks for the confirmation, Dave.
2005 s2000