What makes a car handle great?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

What makes a car handle great?

Post by 3_diamond »

1. What makes a car handle great like the type r?

2. Can u just make any car handle great with all the braces you can put on a car, like the strut bars, tie bars, better suspension set up etc?

3. I have heard the double wishbone set up is much better than macpherson set up. Comparing how the integra type-r(double wish bone) and the RSX-S(macpherson). Do you agree? why? Anyone know the advantage and disadvantage of both?
98TYPR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TYPR »

Anti-roll is key and the LSD have a part to play also.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

The sum is greater than all of the parts...

1 - weight distribution - helps control rotation (not to mention total weight)
2 - braking power & modulation
3 - throttle response
4 - grip (tires + LSD)
5 - suspension (determines center of gravity along & rotation of car in cornering)

just a few thoughts :D
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

Post by 3_diamond »

more complex than I thought. Any idea about the double wishbone vs macpherson? Anyone else have their ideas? Thanks
fyhr
New ITRCA Member

Post by fyhr »

what makes dual wishbones so good is that as the suspension is pushed together it generates negative camber, witch in turn gives better grip when cornering. What happens to wheel angels with mcpherson i have no clue of... and guess what, my car has mcpherson :oops: :roll: