what to do....

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
milanogsr
New ITRCA Member

what to do....

Post by milanogsr »

ok, I know I dont have a real type r, it's just a gsr. I dont have the right to pretend it is an R either. So anyways I was about to trade her in for a 00' Gt stang. Then I got an idea....either spend the money putting in a r motor swap? Or maybe rebuild the gsr and go supercharged? Any thoughts guy's. I guess I just want more driveable and useful power. A stang with exhaust sounds nice, but who wants a to be like everyone else anyways right? Any thoughts and experiences appreciated.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: what to do....

Post by Dave-ROR »

milanogsr wrote:ok, I know I dont have a real type r, it's just a gsr. I dont have the right to pretend it is an R either. So anyways I was about to trade her in for a 00' Gt stang. Then I got an idea....either spend the money putting in a r motor swap? Or maybe rebuild the gsr and go supercharged? Any thoughts guy's. I guess I just want more driveable and useful power. A stang with exhaust sounds nice, but who wants a to be like everyone else anyways right? Any thoughts and experiences appreciated.
IMO the Integra will be more reliable (not motor per se, but other crap, electronics, etc, etc). You can make a lot of usable power with the GS-R motor. For the money you'd spend on a legal ITR swap you could easily get more power than a stock ITR motor.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Re: what to do....

Post by ITR97 »

Dave-ROR wrote:
milanogsr wrote:ok, I know I dont have a real type r, it's just a gsr. I dont have the right to pretend it is an R either. So anyways I was about to trade her in for a 00' Gt stang. Then I got an idea....either spend the money putting in a r motor swap? Or maybe rebuild the gsr and go supercharged? Any thoughts guy's. I guess I just want more driveable and useful power. A stang with exhaust sounds nice, but who wants a to be like everyone else anyways right? Any thoughts and experiences appreciated.
IMO the Integra will be more reliable (not motor per se, but other crap, electronics, etc, etc). You can make a lot of usable power with the GS-R motor. For the money you'd spend on a legal ITR swap you could easily get more power than a stock ITR motor.
agree.
gsr is a good engine for boost. :D
milanogsr
New ITRCA Member

yeah

Post by milanogsr »

thats what I was thinking. I have read posts of people getting 13.8 with intake and header on there r's. If I supercharged the gsr and couldnt get that, I'd be pissed. But yeah I too think the charger would give better usable power. I hardly get on it, I daily shift at 3-4, hardly go past 50mph. she's abaied, probably why after 165,000 miles on the gsr she still runs at perfect compression.
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

GSR

Post by Jan Niemi »

Get yourself a RevHard or Greddy turbo kit and keep the GSR motor, it will cost you about the same as an R swap but you'll be several seconds faster in the 1/4.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.