Brake Pad and OEM Rotor Questions

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
OSG 97 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Brake Pad and OEM Rotor Questions

Post by OSG 97 ITR »

I'm going to be changing my pads and rotors this weekend. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the oem pads, or if there are any aftermarket ones comparable in quality and pricing. Also, should I go ahead and change the rotors, or would it be worth having them resurfaced? Suggestions anyone? Thanks.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: Brake Pad and OEM Rotor Questions

Post by Dave-ROR »

OSG 97 ITR wrote:I'm going to be changing my pads and rotors this weekend. I was wondering if I should go ahead and get the oem pads, or if there are any aftermarket ones comparable in quality and pricing. Also, should I go ahead and change the rotors, or would it be worth having them resurfaced? Suggestions anyone? Thanks.
IMO stock pads are perfectly fine for the street. As for the rotors, only touch them if they need to be replaced or resurfaced.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

I completely agree w/dave on this one.

If your local dealer is pricey on pads, check out some hawk hps - they are often less expensive then stock & work a little better on the street. **I'm sure we've got a gooooood brake sponsor that will have some pricing for you** :D HELP THE SPONSORS OF THE EXPO PLEASE :wink:
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

If he contacts Andie, thats all that needs to be said...

I use the Axxis Ultimates all year around and for track too, I like them a lot.
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

I need to call Andie myself & get this year's pads ready...

**I just paid off the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - whooooohooooo my very own b-day present == paid off 11 months early. Now to pay off the TL before expo 4.

Oh yea - this was supposed to be a "i need money for brakes post" hehe :lol:
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

imho greenstuff pads are great if you dont track your car a lot
'98 Integra Type R #363