GReddy R????

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
acurar
New ITRCA Member

GReddy R????

Post by acurar »

hi i just made an account on here an i have some questions about a greddy turbo kit. I have a 01 type r and i just recently bought a 96 gsr with a greddy turbo kit with intercooler and everything in the kit its got 310 injectors too. I want to put the turbo on my type r and sell the gsr stock. Its got the blue box that wires into the ecu. Im pretty sure that won't work becasue the type r redlines longer so i will need to get some sort of device to tune my car. Also what should i beef up inside the type r to handle teh turbo because i know the compression is different. I am also from ohio and if anyones know of a reputable place that can tune a charged type r let me know.
thanks tom[/b]
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

well for one, the GSR kit will fit on the ITR but you'll have to get a different turbo exhaust manifold to fit a B16/B18C5 cause the gsr manifold won't fit on the GSR head.. Other than that, the entire kit will work with the ITR. Compression on the R is a little higher on the R than GSR though boost would work just fine on it if you keep the boost relatively down 6-8 psi, If you're planning on going higher in boost levels, I'd put in some 9:1 CR pistons and a H-beam rod of your choice and you should be fine. If more block streigth is in need, obviously sleeving the block is you absolute best thing you can do... Though, if you plan to sleeve the block, I'd hold off on buying the pistons at this point, run lower boost (6psi) and sleeve the block to 84mm and run a bigger 84mm piston to up displacement equaling in more power...

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

e r i c s 9 9 s i wrote:well for one, the GSR kit will fit on the ITR but you'll have to get a different turbo exhaust manifold to fit a B16/B18C5 cause the gsr manifold won't fit on the GSR head.. Other than that, the entire kit will work with the ITR. Compression on the R is a little higher on the R than GSR though boost would work just fine on it if you keep the boost relatively down 6-8 psi, If you're planning on going higher in boost levels, I'd put in some 9:1 CR pistons and a H-beam rod of your choice and you should be fine. If more block streigth is in need, obviously sleeving the block is you absolute best thing you can do... Though, if you plan to sleeve the block, I'd hold off on buying the pistons at this point, run lower boost (6psi) and sleeve the block to 84mm and run a bigger 84mm piston to up displacement equaling in more power...
negitive captain. the GSR exhaust mani WILL bolt up to ANY b-series motor. I know I am running this set up. you will need a new charge pipe and downpipe. also look into an inline pro head gasket and block gaurd. if you want I can sell you my head gasket and block gaurd cause my motor is goin out to be sleeved. I also have a VAFC, 450cc injectors, missing link, fmu, and 255lph fuel pump.....I am keeping the injectors and pump but I can sell you everything else. my times are in my sig with that set up and I run 15psi daily on the stock internals(with head gasket and block gaurd) with 84k miles on my motor. what part of ohio are you from? our shop is in south west PA and obviously we have done this set up before so we can help you out. if you want to go hondata(recommended) instead of the FMU and 450's route we can tune that too...PM me or hit me up on AIM if you need anymore details.

Sam
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?