Stolen ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Stolen ITR

Post by typer rick »

Just woundering If your ITR was stolen how does it effect your insurance does it go up are stayes the same.
schao
New ITRCA Member

Post by schao »

My insurance was unchanged after settling on my stolen 1998 ITR. However, I was a long-time customer and also had home insured with carrier. Nevertheless, it's hard to see how insurance company can justify raising premium on stolen car unless you were found negligent (left key in ignition? motor running? parked in front of heavy traffic area all at the same time?). Good luck.
FDTT
New ITRCA Member

Post by FDTT »

I have had my car stolen before (not a ITR) and it did not affect my insurance what so ever. If your car gets stolen often then they begine to get a little less leanent towards the issue.

Good luck, hope they dont try to charge you more.
typer rick
New ITRCA Member

Post by typer rick »

Thanks for the info juys.
FDTT
New ITRCA Member

Post by FDTT »

No problem, id also like to add that im in Canada, Vancouver and that i get my insurance through ICBC, dont know if it makes any difference but figured id through that out there.
Neal
New ITRCA Member

Post by Neal »

Someone tried to steal mine (Miami FL). He got the computer, shift knob, and did major damage to the steering column. He eventually got caught going for another ITR in town. Repairs were 3k at the dealer, insurance covered it all except for the deductable (and the floor mats that were stolen at the dealership). My/our rates weren't affected. It is definitely one desireable car down here. The rates are 30% higher than our other car (rx300) for the same coverage.
Type-R 00-1353