what brand headers good for jdm 00 itr

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
c5sol
New ITRCA Member

what brand headers good for jdm 00 itr

Post by c5sol »

hey guys i was just wondering what would be a good brand to put in my hybrid. i was thinking greddy headers. and should i go for 4into1 or 4 2 into one thanks for your time
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Mugen headers or spoon 4-1 increases top end power 4-2-1 mid range. can't go wrong woth mugen or spoon or toda. :twisted:
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

There are many choices for the header, I would go with a 4-1 design to optimize your type of power.

SMSP
Hytech
Toda
Spoon
JDM 4-1
DC sports

I know I'm leaving a bunch out but these are the big players when it comes to power out put.
I have this link to show you, you make the decision from there.
http://bob123e.tripod.com/thegreatheadertest/index.htm
swed
kepani
New ITRCA Member

Post by kepani »

if you upgrade your header, be sure to go with a 2.5" collector. :thumbup:

you will find minimal gain in changing out your header for another with the same collector size.

kepani
98cwitr
ITRCA Member

Post by 98cwitr »

you are going to also need a 2.5" cat to bolt up too (if you havent planned on a test pipe)...i recommend SMSP
'98 Integra Type R #363
B( * Y * )BIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by B( * Y * )BIES »

best bang for the $ would most likely be the JDM 4-1header. Pair it up with a 2.5" inlet/outlet high flow cat and 2.5" cat back exhaust.
tonyanjaii
New ITRCA Member

Post by tonyanjaii »

IF you look at the JDM 4-1 Header, it is not true 2.5" collector. It is actually a 2.25" collector, but with another ring around it to make it fit the 2.5" donut gasket.

The TRUE 2.5" is the JDM DC SPORTS 4-1 header vs the OEM JDM 4-1.

4-1 is cool, but my only concern is bottoming out. so watch out for those speed bumps!! :evil: :twisted: