header noise

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
01ir#864
New ITRCA Member

header noise

Post by 01ir#864 »

i just got my dc jdm header and test pipe put on....i've never had an aftermarket header on a car before so dont laugh at this ?...when i get on it it sounds like angry bees in a coffee can coming from the engine bay and before you say it an exhaust leak its not is this normal? im guessing its just the sound of the air getting pushed through the header and test pipe but no idea
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

i've never heard a R without a cat and just testpipe, but i assume that it will be louder and what you are explaining is it just being louder. if you're sure there are no leaks and the header + cat is installed properly, don't worry. you should just get yourself a cat to save the environment. :wink:
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Well id first check and make sure there are no leaks, but if you are using a testpipe that isnt resonated, its definitely going to make a loud, raspy sound that you are describing.
CW 98 #805