attn: anyone unmod. suspension; help!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dev
ITRCA Member

attn: anyone unmod. suspension; help!

Post by Dev »

Ok, being hasty I took off my stock struts and replaced my suspension with coil-overs.
Then being retarded, I slammed it down 2 in w/o checking factory ground clearance before.
Now I'm riding on too much tire and trying to return to factory ride height (through t&e) so I can get my camber back. I want to leave the coil-overs in and I don't have the money to buy a camber kit, so can someone with the stock suspension please measure from a relativly level surface to one or all of your lower ball jiont fasteners(not the retaining pin, but the nut itself) and post your results.
Standard or metric is fine. If you cant reach the fasteners, please try the ground to stock rear anti sway that spans the rear suspension.

My car will love you forever
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Why don't you just set it to a moderate ride height and have the camber measured on the alignment rack?

What is your alignment now? as long as it isn't more then negative 2 degrees you should be fine for tires. Toe is what will EAT your tires.
Dev
ITRCA Member

Post by Dev »

good sugestion but I really want the original ride height to start with, then work from there. Unfortunatly I sold my factory parts to a friend and who knows where they are now. Arent toe and camber directly related? the lower the car the less the toe? drop some science Trey!

Dev
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

The lower the car the more negative camber on a honda (can be adjusted through aftermarket kits only). Toe is adjustable and as the car is lowered will need to be adjusted but can be brought into factory specs no kits needed and no problems.

I think you might be making it harder on yourself trying to get an exact ride height on the car. I woudl say you can eyeball a moderate setup and align from there.
JLS_ITR'01
New ITRCA Member

Post by JLS_ITR'01 »

if you're on honda-tech at all go to Integra type R there was a thread posted about this there
Crazy not stupid......;0)
Dev
ITRCA Member

toe in

Post by Dev »

Alrigh Trey, thanks. Is the toe in adjustment difficult, I have a lift, and Ive spent some time under the car, but I cant find too many adjustment in the wheel area. Maybe you could point me in the right direction. I guess I thought I knew more about this than I really did

any help appreciated
dev
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

do you have an alignment rack ro just a plain lift? Need precise measuring equip to get toe right.

Front toe is adjusted off the tie rods and rear toe is from the bolt on the front of the trailing arms.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

If you found a good shop with a history in race cars, could'nt they help out on this?- wheel alinment shop should be able to set it up right for you, it might cost a few bucks but ...
swed