What type of header should I get.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Importfreak02
New ITRCA Member

What type of header should I get.

Post by Importfreak02 »

I just bought a 2001 black integra type r. As u can imagine i can't wait for it's arrival!!! One of the first mod's i would like to perform is a header upgrade. Any suggestions or opinions? I'm willing to spend the dough if it's gonna give me more go. Thanks

-Jason
Airbag
New ITRCA Member

Post by Airbag »

Hey..it depends if you want to spend or not. If you are willing to spend 1000 bucks, toda is pretty good in terms of power. ..............later
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

This will start you off. Keep in mind...this isn't the end all of headers.

http://www.automotiveperformanceenginee ... eader.html
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

Airbag wrote:Hey..it depends if you want to spend or not. If you are willing to spend 1000 bucks, toda is pretty good in terms of power. ..............later
For $1000, i'd go with Mugen (basically TRD (Toyota) of Hondas). Now 4-2-1 or 4-1, gosh...decisions, decisions...
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
SurferX
New ITRCA Member

Post by SurferX »

You should consider rather what your entire exhaust system is going to look like rather than focusing on one part. If you mix and match the wrong parts you'll get dissapointing results even if you have the best header in the world.

Consider how much power you are planning to make and what size your header collector will be in relation to the cat and b-pipe tubing. A properly designed exhaust system makes a tremendous difference.

Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Hytech is great if you have over two grand to spend, otherwise any JDM header, with a 2.5 inch collector will do, and just make sure the parts that you buy in addition later flow as well as the header, or as the guys said, you'll be very disappointed with the results.

Later,
Aj