ITR or EVO RS

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
zmeli
New ITRCA Member

ITR or EVO RS

Post by zmeli »

Should I buy another Type R or Lancer Evolution V111.

I owned 2001 ITR #537, I bought a 04 EVO RS and had it Lemon Lawed because of a check engine light problem. I can buy a 05 RS or I plan to look for a very good condition 1997-1998 ITR

Any Thoughts?
AcuraITR00
New ITRCA Member

EVo

Post by AcuraITR00 »

-The Evolution RS weighs 146 pounds less than the standard Evo, but is powered by the same, 276-hp turbocharged engine. The Evo RS achieves its weight savings by tossing out the air conditioning, stereo, rear wing, rear wiper, HID headlamps, and ABS brakes. Also gone are the power windows/locks/mirrors, map lights, vanity mirrors, assist straps, and trunk compartment trim.

Curbweight = 3263 lbs / 1480 Kg
HP = 271 HP / 273 lb/ft of torque @ 19psi of booost

Comes standard with a factory performance-tuned 2.0-liter, DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged engine with 276 horsepower and 286 lb-ft torque - front-mounted air-to-air intercooler - close-ratio 5-speed manual transmission - full-time AWD with electronically governed Active Center Differential and driver-selectable mode: Tarmac, Snow or Gravel - aluminum roof panel, front fenders and hood - rear-end lateral chassis stiffener - turbo boost gauge kit - aluminum sport pedals - 4-wheel ventilated BREMBO disc brakes - 17" x 8" ENKEI alloy wheels - W-speed rated Yokohama P235/45 ADVAN high-grip, soft-compound radial tires - front Recaro Sport bucket seats with premium sport fabric - 5 M/T Aluminum Shift knob - leather-wrapped MOMO three-spoke steering wheel.

It'll also run you around $30k.

So why put 30k in a car thats ugly, unreliable, and not even comfortable to drive. The type r looks great, is way more reliable than a mitsubishi ever will, and is about 10k cheaper, take the extra 10k and build up the R!
.......go fast.......faster.......fastest.
95 Integra Se- RIP
96 Integra LS- Sold
95 Integra LS/Vtec- sold
98 ITR- Rip
00 ITR- Rip
94 Integra LS- still with me
0.8 bar ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 0.8 bar ITR »

I totally agree... Mine is JRSC'd and my car is worth as much as a EVO.. only faster, handles better, brakes harder and is WAAAAAAAYYYY cheaper to fix. The downside... its noiser... big deal... Ill take a supercharger whine over a BOV whoosh any day ( or VTEC with JUN stage3 cams.. ohhhhhh..... :lol: ).. anyway.. thats my 2 cents
HONDA... The Power Of Dreams