Japan in a nutshell

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

Japan in a nutshell

Post by コ ブラスタ »

Well boys and girls I have to tell you Japan is NO JOKE!!! Skyline's and Silvia's are a dime a dozen and so are ITR's, I had never seen a 4DR type R before THAT was weird. The best way I can describe Tokyo is; take any big city in the states that you have been to, then add neon traffic, and overall chaos then multiply by 100. Man the girls are every where I highly recommend atleast one trip. I'm heading off to Nerima-ku this weekend to the JUN factory for a tour and some parts. I also have to tell you this, it's sad but it's true the most coveted and beloved cars in the states are little more than junk to the Japanese, you can pick up an R33 for 2,000-4000 bucks. I can buy a 98 R here for about 6K, I'm not sure what i'll get yet, you can buy any of these cars from one of the local airbases in the area. Since the military guys come and go they have no choice but to sell cheap since thier tours last no longer than 3 yrs it'll cost them waaay to much to have it converted to US specs then shipped back. (although some do) I'm thinking about parting some of those cars out and selling them on ebay. I can get recaro seats over here for 150 bucks, that's just how cheap car stuff is. Just don't be fooled the japanese :shock: super cars that we drool over are as common as grass here. I saw an R34 a half hour after I left the airport, then 3 more the following day. I was surprised to see American cars on the streets, I didn't think I would see a corvette on the streets of Tokyo.
jspecb18c
New ITRCA Member

Post by jspecb18c »

That is awesome to hear, I would love to take a trip over and visit everything. But I am more interested in the historical part and would like to stay in some place other than the cities. Have fun and keep us posted on what you decide to get.
-Ryan
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET
Public Relations Director
http://www.megameet.org
Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET sponsors