I have a question to ask you

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
allmotorchick
New ITRCA Member

I have a question to ask you

Post by allmotorchick »

I am new to your site and want to ask a question.I have been in import since 98 I got my first integra so i have been around for awhile just not hear.I have heard that ITR owner don't like people with cars that look like type r (fake ones).I have a 95 integra rs with type r parts i have recites for every thing i buy i wont but something unless i see a totaled car or i know the person .I don't support theives...I just wanted know if you guys would accept someone even they don't own a type r like would you let them come to your meets and stuff...One day i will own a type R insurance is to high in NJ until then i will have my rs ...This is just a general question thanks for the space.

nicole :D
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

I think people get pissed at copy-cats because it's a limited edition car. They're unique - each one is numbered, and there are only so many of them out there. When people try to build their own and try to pass it off as a Type-R it's kind of a kick in the nuts to people who have the real thing. So, I think that as long as you are not trying to pass it off as a Type-R (ie, Type-R stickers, or telling people it's a Type-R) then it's relatively OK, but once you say "Oh yeah, it's a Type-R...well, it has Type-R parts anyway" some animosity develops because no matter what you do you will never be able to MAKE another Type-R.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: I have a question to ask you

Post by Bbasso »

Fake ones = Flattery
But a lot of fake ones= stolen parts

and since It's hard for me to tell who has legit and stolen parts I just stay away from them.

:?
swed
allmotorchick
New ITRCA Member

fake car

Post by allmotorchick »

I know what you are trying to say.I would never call my car a type r.The reason i am asking is because i would love to attend some meets or track days but i would not want to be look at like a outsider just because my car is a fake...I like the hole style you guys have more like a family.I have been into drag racing for years and everyone out for themselfs no body want to help anybody out unless they have something to gain.I am 100% legit if you guys wanted i would bring my car folder where i show who i buy my parts from receits and the people phone numbers..I am 26 years old i just got my first house so i wont be getting a type r for a couple of years until i move over the border where insurance is cheaper PA but i would still like to have fun atending track days...I was just wondering how much you guys pay for insuance in NJ or NY I would get rid of my ACURA tl in a heart bid if i new i could afford the insurance

Thanks for the space nicole
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

I'd love to see you out...hell, I'm new to the club too (got my Type-R this past summer) and I can also see the tightness of the group, and it's one reason I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

allmotorchick, I sent you a PM.
swed
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

we don't care what kind of car you drive as long as you're hot.

J/K...how about some pics :wink:
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
allmotorchick
New ITRCA Member

Post by allmotorchick »

Here is a picture of me at the NHRA
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Re: fake car

Post by canuckr »

allmotorchick wrote:I know what you are trying to say.I would never call my car a type r.The reason i am asking is because i would love to attend some meets or track days..
Come to VIR with us in Feb 18-19

Info
http://www.nasaracing.net/VIR_Feb_06/event.htm

and welcome..
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..
allmotorchick
New ITRCA Member

rep

Post by allmotorchick »

That sounds good..I would love to go....
nsxtasy
ITRCA Member

Re: fake car

Post by nsxtasy »

allmotorchick wrote:i would still like to have fun atending track days...
As long as the track days are open to all cars, sign up! Even the ITR Expo in Michigan this coming June is open to all cars, not just ITRs. There are lots of other groups that do track days - NASA, Car Guys, Trackmasters, BMW CCA, PDA, etc.
allmotorchick wrote:I was just wondering how much you guys pay for insuance in NJ or NY I would get rid of my ACURA tl in a heart bid if i new i could afford the insurance
Call your insurance agent/company and ask them how much it would cost. They can tell you, even before you decide whether or not to buy the car. You can also check websites such as insure.com or insweb.com but they might not be able to tell you stuff like how much it would be if you got your auto insurance with the same company that insures your house (congrats on that, BTW).