kswap 36 or 32 Hub?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
gsrjigga
New ITRCA Member

kswap 36 or 32 Hub?

Post by gsrjigga »

i hope this is appropiate enough for this forum

But... i was wondering...

After reading and researching from this site and honda-tech...
ive decided to install a k20 insead of a jdm b18c... and later throw a k24 bottom end..

in the mean time.. just a base usdm k20

My question is.. as far as the axles go...
Will the honda k series axle fit right up, if i have the jdm itr front hub (which uses 36' axles instead of 32')

and the ecu... no one has really thoroughly explained that to me.. and i coulndt find exactly what to do and wat to get in the forums..

and what can i do about the shifter... ive seen a lot of swaps with the shifter standing taller than the climate control... i would realy like to keep that big stik under the plastics (but how?)

every thing else... i basically know and do myself..

anybody's help is greatly appreciated
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Well, if you went 36mm axles on a DC, you would have to convert to the JDM ITR hubs AND bearings.

Im certain that it is stil using the 32mm.
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

swap

Post by コ ブラスタ »

Actually your awap may not be as dificult as you think, Hasport motor sports makes a variety of parts for hybrid vehicles. You will have to buy custom axles from them and motor mounts, all of thier products are off the shelf so there is no waiting time like at some machine shops. Also the axles are rated at 400+ HP just a few suggestions good luck on your swap. :wink: