oil cooling

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

oil cooling

Post by mRek9R »

Sups guys. I'm officially going to EXPO6 with my boosted hatch and i think now is a real good time for an oil cooler. What setups are you guys currently using/running? Pictures, links, "howtos"..anything is appreciated. Thanks. 8)
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

stock here.

I won't be upgrading either, I think the stock cooler is adequate for my needs (based on my oil temp gauge readings)
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Greddy Oil cooler. :)
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

Jan Niemi wrote:stock here.

I won't be upgrading either, I think the stock cooler is adequate for my needs (based on my oil temp gauge readings)
aye...hm...i'll keep that in mind. thanks for the reply. 8)
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

MikeB wrote:Greddy Oil cooler. :)
OOoOO...how much did it cost and where did you purchase from? Also..what kind of oil will you guys be running that day?
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

The Greddy oilcooler came with the car. If memory serves me, they are roughly ~$500.00 (USD). I run 10w30 Castrol GTX in the car. (its turbo of course)
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

MikeB wrote:The Greddy oilcooler came with the car. If memory serves me, they are roughly ~$500.00 (USD). I run 10w30 Castrol GTX in the car. (its turbo of course)
ah ok...you wont be running a thicker one June 12-13?
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

I havent paid for Expo. Things are a bit different on my end this year, than last. However, if I do attend, I will be taking my race car. 1995 GSR/NA (completely stripped).
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

MikeB wrote:I havent paid for Expo. Things are a bit different on my end this year, than last. However, if I do attend, I will be taking my race car. 1995 GSR/NA (completely stripped).
OH NICE! How come you're not running SYNTEC?
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Well, the previous owner used Castrol GTX. He loved it, it doesnt burn a drop of oil, and, its cheap? :)

(BTW, I just registered and paid for EXPO, I will be taking my NA GSR there, the ITR is my 2nd string) :D
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

MikeB wrote:Well, the previous owner used Castrol GTX. He loved it, it doesnt burn a drop of oil, and, its cheap? :)

(BTW, I just registered and paid for EXPO, I will be taking my NA GSR there, the ITR is my 2nd string) :D
Alright! Ya..i hear different things from many different owners. Some say Syntec and others say GTX....wooT! I'll get to see your hot rides! See you all there! 8)
TheREGULATOR
New ITRCA Member

Post by TheREGULATOR »

Got a question.

I setup a remote Oil Locator, with Oil Canister, Thermostat, and feed to an Oil cooler at my front bumper.

How the hell do you get the proper amount of Oil in the System?

First off, I put in the normal 4.3 quarts into the engine, then an extra 2 quarts to cover the extra length being pumped through the external oil system.

I don't want to overfill, or underfill the system. How do you get a proper amount?

Thanx in advance

=[REG]= Type aRg!!!

Born in the Garage, Trained on the Streets, ALIVE at the Track.
Bring it On - Type ARG
MikeB
New ITRCA Member

Post by MikeB »

Well, when I change oil I place 5qts in there. I start the car to normal operating temperature. Shut it off. Immediately check the fluid level. Thats how you need to check it.

After the 5qts are placed in, the dipstick is just hair over the top dot.
mRek9R
New ITRCA Member

Post by mRek9R »

I think i'm gonna have Dave at the Whipfactory fabb up one for me...i'm gonna go retune before expo