Stolen ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Stolen ITR

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

It's with a heavy heart that I report another Type R has been erased forever.On January 9th our 1997 ITR (#474) was stolen from our house where she was parked for the winter.We looked out to check on her at 10:00AM and she was fine.By 10:30AM she was gone.No broken glass, no start up, they just slim jimmed the door and pushed her into a truck(we're guessing).Her mangled shell was found 3 days later tied to a pole on a farm road 45 minutes outside of Edmonton,where my boyfriend and I live.They had completely raped her,removing her whole front clip,and taking EVERYTHING from her antena to her trunk lining.I just want to remind every one to take care of their babies.I know it's always on the minds of Type R owners,but you can never be too careful, and I have the horrible pictures to prove it, from when our Teggy was found.I also wanted to remind every one to make sure you know where your parts come from.If the market was smaller for stolen ITR parts,there would be a lot less worrying for all of us.Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds on February 13th, 2006, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Sorry for your loss.
I hope I don't have to go thru that ... ever.
swed
Post Whore!!

I hope it never happens to you either. It's been a nightmare in every aspect.Our car was our life.At least the insurance company is sympathetic (dripping with sarcasim)
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Thats just painful to digest. Sorry to hear.
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

Thats every R owners worst fear, well mine atleast.

Sorry to hear about your loss, good luck with future vehicles.

....and a 97 too..... :cry:
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

sorry to hear that
no really they are just stickers. =)
neo_
ITRCA Member

Post by neo_ »

R.I.P # 474
Mystic363
ITRCA Member

Post by Mystic363 »

This is the reason that my ITR sits locked in my garage. The door to the utility room is locked w/ a key to key dead bolt, and when we leave for an extended period of time, we even go so far as to bolt & pad lock the garage door down. Well....locking it up would defeat the purpose! LOL! Can someone still get it? Sure, but they will be forced to work for it. When it goes outside it never leaves my sight. As others.....I am sorry to hear of the loss. I too am sickened.
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0635
P.S. This is about the best reason that I have seen yet to form an ITR lynch mob and go looking for these people!
Post Whore!!

Thanks a lot for all of the Teggy love.I've been visiting this forum for a while but never joined.Wish I had of while our girl was still with us.This is by far the best car site I've found.You guys are great.
A lynch mob seems like a good idea.I'm in!!!Actually,for the first 3 days after our car was stolen, my boyfriend and I drove around the entire city with fliers that had our girls picture and parts to look out for on them, and handed them out to almost every shop.We did this for 16 hours a day. After we found the shell it became a parts recovery mission with us driving down back alleys all night, looking in dumpsters and peeking in shops. We don't give up easily, like I said before she was our life, and I'll be damned if some civic is going to try to drive around with our stuff in it!
So far our hunt has turned up a couple of parts and a couple of peoples names,which I can't get into, but we're getting there!So thanks again for the kind words,guys.Much appreciated.
Post Whore!!

I didn't want to get in trouble......
Is this headline better?
ha ha
I'm not trying to be a smart ass,he does make sense.
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

I wish someone would try to steal mine

Post by コ ブラスタ »

I dreadfully sorry about your loss it's my worse nightmare. I wish somebody would try to steal mine they'd be greated by a hail of shotgun fire. It's nice to have your car gaurded by old folks who have nothing better to do than sit on a porch and watch grass grow. Rest quietly in the country #909. :twisted: Anyway i hope you get all the leads you can get to prosecute these bastards!!!!!
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

^^^^ ahaha i have the same thing with the old people.......only hes a total drunk and actually will shot someone that he dont know going into my garage
no really they are just stickers. =)
Post Whore!!

You two should team up and start an "Old people with guns" security system company!ha ha!After this tragedy,I'll try anything.One person told us to assemble an elite force of "crackheads" ,but crazy old people are more my thing.Or ninjas.Definately ninjas.
apexii
New ITRCA Member

Post by apexii »

such a bummer to hear this.... :(

I know the feeling all too well. Best of luck with the recovery of any of your parts :(
'01 #361 STOLEN 3/5/03
'98 #98 STOLEN 3/13/06
'93 turbolude garage ornament
'04 TL Navi Black/Black