Had a choice of 2 cars.. what would you pick?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

Had a choice of 2 cars.. what would you pick?

Post by NewITRuser »

If you guys had a choice, as in your first car. What would you guys want? A 2000 black ITR with salvage title with 55k miles, asking for about 12,000 or an 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo dark green 70k miles asking for about 8,500? :D :D
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Well, good question,but remember that a car with a salvaged title usually has it for a reason.Find out why,get an inspection (or two) and get it appraised by a knowledgable appraiser.Also keep in mind that if you live in the States,you can probably find a non-salvaged ITR for a few thousand more. So my PERSONAL advice would be, for your first Type R, get a good one. Also, if this is going to be your first CAR ever, make sure you know just how fast these cars can be.Sometimes people get carried away with power,have no self control and get themselves hurt.Sorry to sound motherly,but thats how it is.This is just my opinion.Best of luck to you in your new car search!
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

Completely depends on what the "salvage" was. If it was water or in a bad accident, then stay away.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

Post by NewITRuser »

The reason why it was salvage is because some kids or something took it for a joy ride? That's what my friend told me, thanks for the feedback though. :D :D
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

Post by NewITRuser »

Still kind of worried if I get the type-r since it is a high theft car.
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

you just came to a type R forum and asked us all what we would rather own an mr2 or an R..........wellllllllll duuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh
no really they are just stickers. =)
Mystic363
ITRCA Member

Post by Mystic363 »

Out of the choices given, I'd take the MR2. I personally would take a Kia over a salvaged anything! I'm impartial anyways......I own both, a 2000 ITR anda 1993 MR2 Turbo. Stay away from the salvage crap. Just wait it out and the Type R that you have been looking for will come up for sale.....w/ a clean bill of health.
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0635
P.S. My first love will always be the ITR!
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jacques79 »

For a 1st car I wouldn't suggest a type R at all...

Also a RWD isn't the safest choice for inexperienced driver.

Get a 1997 Prelude SH, excellent handling and easier to drive.

And with a type R on the highway it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too easy to go wayyyyyyyyyy over the speed limit when reving close to 8500RPM
コ ブラスタ
New ITRCA Member

cars

Post by コ ブラスタ »

god I dont know why cars in the states are sooo freaking expensive!!! I wish you could get the same prices as over here Mr2 800-1500 (pick a year) 2000 ITR about 6000K. Anyway I would get niether, buy a GSR I think it's the best choice. :wink:
Mystic363
ITRCA Member

Post by Mystic363 »

I agree w/ the two above posts. I do own and love both the ITR as well as the MR2. I would not recommend either of these vehicles for a first car. Knowing the way most "kids" are these days (and I was no different) they would end up klling themselves or someone else w/ this kind of power and performance. A Prelude, an Integra GS or GSR would be great for a first car. Thank God I didn't have an ITR or an MR2 for a first car! If I did, I would not be here right now! LOL! My first car was a 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme w/ a 260 (gutless) V8 in it.....and I got in plenty of trouble w/ that!
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0635
Last edited by Mystic363 on February 16th, 2006, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
apexii
New ITRCA Member

Post by apexii »

both are too much car for your first vehicle.... I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but take it for what it's worth; i'm not the only one saying it....

my first car was a '79 oldsmobile delta 88 diesel :shock:
'01 #361 STOLEN 3/5/03
'98 #98 STOLEN 3/13/06
'93 turbolude garage ornament
'04 TL Navi Black/Black
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

Get like an EK or or something. Drive it stock and maybe get a few exterior mods then when you are better experienced get a motor swap. Grow with the car. Thats my advice.

Oh and yes I had a 86 Buick Park Avenue as my first car. It was clean though. :P
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

Mystic363 wrote:Out of the choices given, I'd take the MR2. I personally would take a Kia over a salvaged anything! I'm impartial anyways......I own both, a 2000 ITR anda 1993 MR2 Turbo. Stay away from the salvage crap. Just wait it out and the Type R that you have been looking for will come up for sale.....w/ a clean bill of health.
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0635
P.S. My first love will always be the ITR!

this is tru. had an accidnet in the civic, needed a new car, called my friend up who just happened to be selling the R of my dreams. sure enough it was for sale. its payed off and i ended up paying ZERO money out of pocket, needless to say i got a good deal. :)
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

ITR is not a good first car. And 12k is too much for one with salvage title also.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.