G-Techs?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Sleep1
New ITRCA Member

G-Techs?

Post by Sleep1 »

How reliable and accurate are these things?
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

I dunno about the newer ones, but I ran one of the orginal ones at the strip back in the day and it was always within a tenth of a sec. I never really messed with the G force or braking stuff, though.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
Sleep1
New ITRCA Member

Post by Sleep1 »

okay ... cuz i did 4.13sec - 0-60 on it yesterday so i guess i can be happy then huh?

Getting the the car street tuned and dyno'd tomorrow at RPM racing.

G-tech says 412hp @ 8329rpm

Will post dyno results tomorrow after the pulls and then off the Raceway park to run the track for 1/4 mile times!!!!!!
fgfournet
New ITRCA Member

Post by fgfournet »

I had a G-tech Pro and used it on my RSX and my S2000. The numbers I got in comparison to the track were .3 sec off, in my favor. I was suprised to see I was slowere than the G-tech was saying. My first hint should have been the 274whp in the S2000.
black itr guy
New ITRCA Member

Post by black itr guy »

you have to be totaly sure that you put in the correct weight if not it will throw it off bad
no really they are just stickers. =)
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

its accuracy is totally dependent on the calibration, therein lies the problem..it is very difficult to properly calibrate...especially on an ITR due to the high rev limit. I could never get it to work quite right on mine. I had no problems with it once I installed it in my DSM (at the time). It was a neat toy, but I ended up selling it due to the fact that it was so difficult to properly calibrate on my ITR.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.