How low is your car

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

How low is your car

Post by SanjayR »

I am thinking about getting the Tein lowering springs on my R but its a 2.6 inch drop on the front and 1.7 on the rear. That seems like it will be really low, does anyone have there car lowered that much to tell me how it rides and if you have problems going over speed bumps and stuff like that.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

i prefer stock ride height. several reasons. don't worry as much about scraping on things. When it rains, and if you have a CAI, you don't worry as much about ur CAI getting submerged. Cops pull you over for various things and try to pin lowring your car on you, you have stock ride height. etc.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

I am not worried about cops, i am in TN and they dont pull you over for that sort of thing. I just want the car lowered for looks, as long as it doesnt affect the handeling. I just want to know who has there car lowered and how much it is lowered. Is 2.6 inches in the front to low. I just want to make it over speed bumps and stuff like that.
Dev
ITRCA Member

Lowered car=problems

Post by Dev »

Lowering your car looks good, but it poses problems

Here are just a few:

1. Camber shifts both negative and positive, which screws up you toe in and makes the car ride on too much tire=sloppy ride and worn tires, unless you install a camber kit.

2. When you lower, you put excess wear on ball joints, although I have never heard anyone having too much trouble with this.

3. Lowering reduces the travel distance inside your shocks, which can cause premature wear, or blow out in extreme circumstances.

4. YOU SCRAPE THINGS!!!!!! THAT REALLY REALLY BLOWS!!

I have Comtech coil overs and I liked them at first, now I would like to switch back to a stock suspension, If you really have a Type-R you should be happy with the suspension.

Dev
Dev
ITRCA Member

lowered

Post by Dev »

I would like to edit my last statement, there is always room for suspension improvement. But, I have found that the suspension needs multiple parts to ride favorably when lowered. If you are lowering for looks, and don't mind sacrificing ride (sinner), by all means slam it down with some radical coil overs. If you are lowering for functionality, do some research on other variables, like the ball joint wear, and damper travel and especially camber.

Dev
TypeR886
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR886 »

Ok here is some good advise! Get H&R Sport Springs I have them and they are wonderful. The drop is the perfect hight. I am not sure of the specs but it looks awesome, handles better, and I dont have any camer.

You can check out what mine looks like from this link - http://www.cardomain.com/id/typer886

You will be berry berry happy with these. I know I am. BTW the ITR is low in the first place. I think the springs that are on the car now only lowered it like a little over an inch and it looks very low becuase it was already low to begin with. There is like less than a 1/2 inch wheelgap (barely one finger), I am going to be putting on some 16inch wheels and then the ride hight will look "show perfect" :)

GOOD LUCK!
2001 Nighthawk Back Perl Integra Type-R #886
TypeR882
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR882 »

I lowered my car with the teins. It is not to low at all. You will have the occationaly scrap, but youll always get that when you lower your car or not with the type r. The ride is great. its not top bumpy, and the springs are cheap. My recommondation
DeanO
New ITRCA Member

Post by DeanO »

Typer886,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I am purchasing a 2001 Type R that is essentially stock with the exception of H&R Sport Springs (OEM shocks, wheels and tires). I was very concerned about the possible implications of modifying the stock set up.

How did the H&R springs affect handling and ride? What about tire wear and alignment specs?

Thanks for the timely info.

Dean
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Ok i think i am goin with the H&R Type R sport springs.....just to let you all know..cause i know you all were dying to know this
Smitdog
New ITRCA Member

Post by Smitdog »

I am lowered on Buddy Club Race Spec Dampeners and my R is low or street. I raise it for track events............

CW ITR #0120
NASA Mid-Alantic H2 ITR #120
99 Dodge Ram Diesel
24' Bri-Mar Car Hauler
type R fanatic
New ITRCA Member

question

Post by type R fanatic »

Smitdog what kind of exhaust system do you have?
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

hey thats a tight R, but i wanna know what kind of exhaust it is to?
T-R00
New ITRCA Member

Post by T-R00 »

I have the Nuespeed Race Springs and they ride good. 2.0 on the front and 1.75 rear just above the tire.
SagaTypeR
New ITRCA Member

Re: question

Post by SagaTypeR »

type R fanatic wrote:Smitdog what kind of exhaust system do you have?

I think that's a Apexi N1 :o
Marvin - jus wanna be a JDM WhOrE!

CW '98 ITR #829
TypeR886
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR886 »

I dont have any problems with the tires at all. They are wear perfectly even "stock wear". The shocks dont seam to be having much problems anyway. I was also told by the people who installed them that (Acura Shop) that they wont hurt anything anymore than stock. Except for srapeing and stuff like that. But I have not bottomed out once and I only scrape on rediculously steep inclines. (the ones a SUV would scrape one :) )
2001 Nighthawk Back Perl Integra Type-R #886
Smitdog
New ITRCA Member

Re: question

Post by Smitdog »

SagaTypeR wrote:
type R fanatic wrote:Smitdog what kind of exhaust system do you have?

I think that's a Apexi N1 :o

Yes Apex-i N1 mated to a JDM 4-1 and a SMSP Carsound Cat. :D
CW ITR #0120
NASA Mid-Alantic H2 ITR #120
99 Dodge Ram Diesel
24' Bri-Mar Car Hauler
TypeRDriver1
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeRDriver1 »

Smitdog you have a tight ass ride just like mine but mine is black and I have the Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust hooked up to a DC Jdm 4-1 header. My question is what are you doing about your camber problems in the rear, and I know you have them because I'm just as low as you and my rear camber SUCKS. Another question are those stock ITR rims powder coated black?
8)
SanjayR
New ITRCA Member

Post by SanjayR »

Any more pictures of typr r's with exhaust or lowering would be great.