Should I???

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
DA_DB2
New ITRCA Member

Should I???

Post by DA_DB2 »

Ok guys I've been here before. FOund an ITR in my price range, only thing is, its a 99' with 108,000kms, originally CW but was painted in PY, front seats were changed to racing seats, has a CF hood and front lip, rims were powder coated in a brutal RED, missing centre caps. Anyways its at a dealer and is selling for $14,900, 2 owners i think, with a clean title. Been wanting an ITR for a while now, and am leaning towards getting it. Any help would be much appreciated. Good or bad.
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Re: Should I???

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

DA_DB2 wrote:Ok guys I've been here before. FOund an ITR in my price range, only thing is, its a 99' with 108,000kms, originally CW but was painted in PY, front seats were changed to racing seats, has a CF hood and front lip, rims were powder coated in a brutal RED, missing centre caps. Anyways its at a dealer and is selling for $14,900, 2 owners i think, with a clean title. Been wanting an ITR for a while now, and am leaning towards getting it. Any help would be much appreciated. Good or bad.
I wouldn't. I can explain why if you'd like, but first where are you at in Canada?
Hype_R
ITRCA Member

Post by Hype_R »

I definitely wouldn't. Pay the few thousand more for a clean one without a repaint and ugly wheels.
DA_DB2
New ITRCA Member

Post by DA_DB2 »

Thanks guys. and no Im not pickin it up. I went to look at it, gross. True what they say, you get what you pay for. Definately will pay the few extra g's for a clean one. Located in Toronto Ontario Brokenhearted. Thanks for the advice again. The search continues. later
Post Whore!!

I'll keep my ear to the ground for you.
Are you checking trader.ca?
If you find one in Edmonton, I have no problem checking it out for you before you buy if you like. Let me know.
DA_DB2
New ITRCA Member

Post by DA_DB2 »

yea I've been checking the trader. But I'm hoping to find one through a dealer. Alberta's kinda a ways for me. I dont know how I'd work that out. Wouldnt wanna spend a grand either to get it shipped. But much appreciated Brokenhearted. But there is a site called beyond.ca which is based out of Alberta and a lot of things are posted on the classifieds that catch my eye. If an item is anywhere near u and u can take a look at it thatd be wicked. If not, no biggy. Thanks anyways for the help.
Post Whore!!

Just let me know. :wink:
DA_DB2
New ITRCA Member

Theft recovered PY 01' from the US???

Post by DA_DB2 »

Okkkk now heres a new one. I m sure I'll hear a lot about this. Found a 01' PY ITR from a dealer. Thing is now, its from the US, and its a theft recovery. I was told and have seen pictures and what was taken was the interior, the wing, and deck. Everything has been replaced and its selling for $19,899 but I was told the price is negotiable. Looks very clean except for the cracked front lip. Sorry guys, Im just desperately looking.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

$20,000 for a theft recovery, NO WAY! Not in my life time.
swed
Post Whore!!

Bbasso wrote:$20,000 for a theft recovery, NO WAY! Not in my life time.
x2
Dave_B

Re: Theft recovered PY 01' from the US???

Post by Dave_B »

DA_DB2 wrote:Okkkk now heres a new one. I m sure I'll hear a lot about this. Found a 01' PY ITR from a dealer. Thing is now, its from the US, and its a theft recovery. I was told and have seen pictures and what was taken was the interior, the wing, and deck. Everything has been replaced and its selling for $19,899 but I was told the price is negotiable. Looks very clean except for the cracked front lip. Sorry guys, Im just desperately looking.
Stop, slow down and rethink. Never rush an R. There are to many out there that are crap. If I were you, and your willing to spend that kind of money, search http://www.autotrader.com I'm sure you'll find a few nice ones there.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
DA_DB2
New ITRCA Member

Post by DA_DB2 »

Hahaha sorry guys.. I wasnt that interested in it to begin with. If it was in good condtion I would've thrown him an offer. Its not like it was a Honda dealership, some no name I was gonna offer him like 17,500. Get this, I pop the hood..engine code reads B18C1 and had a friggin porely painted red valve cover. On the phone earlier he tried to play it off like only the seats, wing, and deck were stolen. I walked right after I saw that. That girls for some other sucker.

p.s people who steal R's should be shot and pissed on. Good day
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: ...

Post by Doespike »

DA_DB2 wrote:Hahaha sorry guys.. I wasnt that interested in it to begin with. If it was in good condtion I would've thrown him an offer. Its not like it was a Honda dealership, some no name I was gonna offer him like 17,500. Get this, I pop the hood..engine code reads B18C1 and had a friggin porely painted red valve cover. On the phone earlier he tried to play it off like only the seats, wing, and deck were stolen. I walked right after I saw that. That girls for some other sucker.

p.s people who steal R's should be shot and pissed on. Good day
B18C1?? That just dropped its value below $10k. Yeah, take your time, get a feel for the market, what condition Rs are going for what $$. Good luck. :shock:
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Mary
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mary »

Hype_R wrote:I definitely wouldn't. Pay the few thousand more for a clean one without a repaint and ugly wheels.
x2