Thinking of selling, 1998 ITR. Thoughts?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Thinking of selling, 1998 ITR. Thoughts?

Post by Bmaga123 »

I have probably the mintest Type R in the united states no joke that I am actually thinking of selling. No flaws all stock except brembo rotors and I just put a DAC short ram intake on. The car in showroom and has only 2,900 original miles and of couse is a clean title. I really dont want to sell but for the right price I will. I have some debt I need to pay off. I also have the original window sticker laminated to go with the car and its #128. Car is flawless with all original everything.
Last edited by Bmaga123 on October 12th, 2006, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Are you selling it or not?
Could you please put the State in the title along with some pics and a price.
swed
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I am at work right now so I cant get pics yet but I will be taking some this weekend. I have the registration but not the title in hand because I have a loan on it. I live in Spokane Washington. For the right offer I will sell but I am scared because I will never see a Type R this mint again in my life.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

This car just sits in my garage, I am so anal and a perfectionist that I cant bring myself to drive the car anymore. Its like having a Gem mint Jordan RC card in a case you dont want to fondle it. Everyweek I go out and start the car to let it run for awhile and thats it. I would like to get 28,000 for it.
lupasa
New ITRCA Member

Post by lupasa »

Bmaga123 wrote:This car just sits in my garage, I am so anal and a perfectionist that I cant bring myself to drive the car anymore. Its like having a Gem mint Jordan RC card in a case you dont want to fondle it. Everyweek I go out and start the car to let it run for awhile and thats it. I would like to get 28,000 for it.
WOW! I live in Seattle and I've been looking for a TYPE R forever. Yours sounds amazing and I would get it. But your price is too high. Let me know if you can negotiate on price. I know its pretty much new but $28K, whew, that's a lot.

Thanks
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Lowest I would go is 25k which many people on here no this car is worth it. If you saw it your jaw would drop just like mine did.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

A couple things that might amaze people is the fact that the original floor mats havnt been touced there is a towel over each side and the windshield wipers have never been used. The car has never seen rain or snow.
lupasa
New ITRCA Member

Post by lupasa »

25K!
A guy is selling the same car with 4,300 miles in Chicago on this thread for 18.5K and I'm guessing that's just as nice. If you really wanted to sell I can give you a $20K Cashier's Check and pick it up this weekend.
Please keep me posted on how the selling goes.

Bmaga123 wrote:Lowest I would go is 25k which many people on here no this car is worth it. If you saw it your jaw would drop just like mine did.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I cant do 20k I am sorry. I have already had an offer of 23k which I turned down. IF you saw my car you will realize that it worth alot more then 20k. If you look underneath my car it looks as clean as a 2006 car. I guarentee the one in Chicago isnt as pristine as mine. People who see my car cant beleive what they are seeing because it is that Cherry. The type R still has the original tires on it with 99% tread. Its rediculous. I am scared to drive it in fear of a rock chip or door ding.
lupasa
New ITRCA Member

Post by lupasa »

25K, that's the LOWEST you'll go?
I'll have to think about that. I'm been looking to buy a car for a couple of weeks and I've had my eyes out for a TYPE R.
I just can't seem to pull the trigger on purchasing one yet.
For 25K I could get a 00-02 S4, 98-00 C43 AMG, or 05 STI, and these cars are perfect. But my first choice would be a TYPE R.
MAN! I can't decide.

Do you have a time table on selling, or are you going to wait till you get
25K?

Bmaga123 wrote:I cant do 20k I am sorry. I have already had an offer of 23k which I turned down. IF you saw my car you will realize that it worth alot more then 20k. If you look underneath my car it looks as clean as a 2006 car. I guarentee the one in Chicago isnt as pristine as mine. People who see my car cant beleive what they are seeing because it is that Cherry. The type R still has the original tires on it with 99% tread. Its rediculous. I am scared to drive it in fear of a rock chip or door ding.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Well I am not in a hurry to sell the car. I have owned 2 Evo's and an Sti and I love this Type R more then all of those cars put together. The Type R is extremely RARE as you no, especially a Championship White one with less then 3k original miles I mean the car still smells brand new. A Type R can out handle an Sti with the right driver. This car has alot of value to me and the only reason I am selling is because I have soem debt to pay off and I cant see making payments on a car I never drive. If you purchsed the car for 25k you would be extremely happy, trust me. I have a set of Spoon 16" light weight wheels with brand new tires that retail for over 3k that I will through in if you give me 26k.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Tell you what I will do 25k with the spoon wheels no less.
lupasa
New ITRCA Member

Post by lupasa »

Tempting. I just can't pull myself to pay that much for a 98 TYPE R.
I know it's freaking RARE as can be, but man there are some cars out that would smoke the TYPE R in every aspect and I would kick myself if I paid that much for a TYPE R.

Anybody offered 25K?
Bmaga123 wrote:Well I am not in a hurry to sell the car. I have owned 2 Evo's and an Sti and I love this Type R more then all of those cars put together. The Type R is extremely RARE as you no, especially a Championship White one with less then 3k original miles I mean the car still smells brand new. A Type R can out handle an Sti with the right driver. This car has alot of value to me and the only reason I am selling is because I have soem debt to pay off and I cant see making payments on a car I never drive. If you purchsed the car for 25k you would be extremely happy, trust me. I have a set of Spoon 16" light weight wheels with brand new tires that retail for over 3k that I will through in if you give me 26k.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Know one has offered it yet because this is my first post but when I first got the car I was offered 25k from 2 people. Some people said that I could potentially sell it for 30k on ebay. If you purchased it with the wheels you could seel the wheels on the side for 2k+ easily making the price of the car 23k. I need 25k for the car and am already shaking right now because of sellers remorse. Your right there are alot of cars that can beat the Type R but you have to remember it is natural aspirated and puts out more horsepower per liter then any NA 4 cylinder and is also rated the #1 front wheel drive handeling car. To me the Type R is more gorgeous then any other car. Let me no soon before I change my mind.
lupasa
New ITRCA Member

Post by lupasa »

Can you give me the VIN? I'd like to run a carfax?
Thanks
Bmaga123 wrote:Know one has offered it yet because this is my first post but when I first got the car I was offered 25k from 2 people. Some people said that I could potentially sell it for 30k on ebay. If you purchased it with the wheels you could seel the wheels on the side for 2k+ easily making the price of the car 23k. I need 25k for the car and am already shaking right now because of sellers remorse. Your right there are alot of cars that can beat the Type R but you have to remember it is natural aspirated and puts out more horsepower per liter then any NA 4 cylinder and is also rated the #1 front wheel drive handeling car. To me the Type R is more gorgeous then any other car. Let me no soon before I change my mind.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Sure it is

Bbasso, do that thru PMs, safer ya know.
cory25
ITRCA Member

Post by cory25 »

ya I'd have to say, if I had the money I would be willing to pay $30k in a second. what you have to remember is the shelby GT500, those things are worth $250k-$350k in this kind of condition. and think how many more were made than the type R's. that was the most wanted car for it's time. And now trpe R's are the same for the import generation. give it about 20years these things will be worth alot of freakin money.
2001 R py#0025
BsmoothR
New ITRCA Member

Post by BsmoothR »

cory25 wrote:ya I'd have to say, if I had the money I would be willing to pay $30k in a second. what you have to remember is the shelby GT500, those things are worth $250k-$350k in this kind of condition. and think how many more were made than the type R's. that was the most wanted car for it's time. And now trpe R's are the same for the import generation. give it about 20years these things will be worth alot of freakin money.

Agree 100% :wink:
1997 R #___
2000 S2K 2.5
97R
New ITRCA Member

Post by 97R »

By the sounds of it, this car is worth EVERY penny the man is asking. Let's revert back to 2000-2001 when people were FIGHTING to pay $28-30k for 2000-2001 R's. To the PURIST, this car should sell in a hearbeat. 98 Facelift + Championship White + 2900 miles (brand new basically) = One of the most perfect examples of a vehicle that is slowly going extinct (at least clean ones).

I'd cop, but I've got an equally as MINT 97 R lined up. =)

Good luck!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Isn't this the car you just bought for 20k with 8k worth of spoon parts? I thought you loved the car and were going to take care of it and all. I really with the car would have gone to somebody that appreciated it in the first place. So sad.

And for the facts, the ITR is no longer the highest HP/Liter car anymore. The AP1 S2k is, 120 HP/Liter.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Dave_B wrote:Isn't this the car you just bought for 20k with 8k worth of spoon parts? I thought you loved the car and were going to take care of it and all. I really with the car would have gone to somebody that appreciated it in the first place. So sad.

And for the facts, the ITR is no longer the highest HP/Liter car anymore. The AP1 S2k is, 120 HP/Liter.
Tis true, was really hoping this caR would go to a collector who would mothball it away for years to come. Hope the next owner takes heR more seriously. :?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

97R wrote: Let's revert back to 2000-2001 when people were FIGHTING to pay $28-30k for 2000-2001 R's.
Paid sticker for mine... Did not have to fight for any sort of price, And I even got the 7/75 warranty at $800

You have posted an odd statement...

But let's leave this guy's thread alone, If he wants to chat about the selling of his caR, then PM me and well move it into the General forum.
swed
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I love this car more then any car I have ever owned. I just cant stand paying the monthly payments I do and be so worried to drive it all the time. The couple times I did drive it I had to detail it when I got home and it wasnt even dirty thats how anal I am. I really appreciate what I have and will defanantly have sellers remorse if I sell it.
97R
New ITRCA Member

Post by 97R »

Bbasso wrote:
97R wrote: Let's revert back to 2000-2001 when people were FIGHTING to pay $28-30k for 2000-2001 R's.
Paid sticker for mine... Did not have to fight for any sort of price, And I even got the 7/75 warranty at $800

You have posted an odd statement...

But let's leave this guy's thread alone, If he wants to chat about the selling of his caR, then PM me and well move it into the General forum.
I ain't trying to argue or whatever. But that's HARDLY an odd statement, but rather fact. Maybe in your area, but at least in Seattle area and on the west coast, they were going for that ALL day long. I even knew of a used stock one with 14k miles in 2001 that sold for $26k+tax at Acura Of Seattle. I know for a fact that even the last 01's that were available went as high as $30k up and down the westcoast.

But anyways, I'll let the thread be....
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Oh wow, I haven't heard this before.. Interesting to say the least!
swed