post deleted

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
sb85
New ITRCA Member

post deleted

Post by sb85 »

post deleted
Last edited by sb85 on August 21st, 2008, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

Have you ever had any problems with your engine internally?
sp00led
New ITRCA Member

Re: Starting Problem =[

Post by sp00led »

sb85 wrote:I've changed the battery to a dry cell racing spec.
Any ideas? Thanks
I had a buddy club racing battery and it wouldn't hold a charge for very long. make sure you don't have a voltage issue. Does it start if you jump it off?
1996 Honda Integra Type-R (JDM)
100% Stock
1999 Acura Integra GSR
GT3076R + 2.0L + Full-Race + Mase = 503whp @ 21psi
sb85
New ITRCA Member

Post by sb85 »

I've never had any internal problems before. My car ran fine until i started having battery problems. When my old battery went sour, the fuel didn't even prime and i didn't hear a click. The weird thing was, when i connected an obdII code reader in the socket, i can hear the fuel travel in and click, then my car may or may not start.

If I did have a voltage issue, how can I fix that? Thanks sp00led, I'll try a jump start with another car next time this happens again.

One more thing, I have a viper alarm system, do you think it can have any effect to that? If I can't figure this out, I will have to take it to a dealership to run a diagnostic, anyone know how much that'll cost?? Thanks again.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

get yourself a multi tester and see if you are getting the right voltage from the battery and alt before you do anything costly. I got mine from Sears for $25 and has paid it's self off a few times.

Ill see if I can get a link for you.
swed
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Sears item# 03482344000
no link..but try looking for that.
swed
sb85
New ITRCA Member

Post by sb85 »

Hey guys, I figured out the problem. The weird thing is it was a grounding wire from my tranny to the frame. The wire was loose. Can anyone shed some light on that because I never knew that grounding can cause a car not to start. My car's been starting ever since.

I discover this problem when i helped my friend swap in his k20. Everything was good but the car didn't start. Turns out he didn't ground a wire that came from the motor correctly. But yea, thanks for your suggestions. Hope this might help some of you out there.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

sb85 wrote: Can anyone shed some light on that because I never knew that grounding can cause a car not to start. ks for your suggestions.
Electricity needs to complete a circuit in order to work.
try that web site howthingswork and see if they have a better explaination for you.

glad you got it fixed.