Street Racing

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Street Racing

Post by Kangbateh »

I'm with most people, if your going to race take it to the track right?
but I'm a play devils advocate. To be honest, man street racings been going on since back in the day and it will continue to go on after us. I think for everybody out there to be like " keep it on the track." and shit like that, man half of these people wouldn't be out there today if they haven't honed there skills street racing. for the most part I think it's a P.R. game that people like to play in public. First it starts with the love of cars as you get into your teens you get your first car and you race it. Don't get me wrong, people have been getting into some nasty accidents and shit like that, but much like the "Summer of the Sharks" a couple of years ago it's really recently blown up after the Fast and the Furious. Trust me on that one, way up here in Minnesota you see a shit load of people out there trying to do some stupid things. That's why I recommend track use for cars now or a lone flat piece of land, but come on let's don't play this P.R. game. :twisted:

respond if you want I want to hear some comments.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

I race at any opportunity I can get, it's not that I wouldn't race at the track all the time, but given circumstances, there is a decent road race about every other week durring season, or every other month off seanson when it rains a lot down here, and to put it plainly, that just isn't fullfilling my necesary fix. Besides, I have a phenominal time putting V8 mustangs to shame on the street, well, some.....

Any way,
Later,
Aj
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

hell yeah, I love roasting V8 mustangs, but I live in Minnesota. Number one it's cold half of the year and there is very few Strips and tracks out here. The only tracks really cater to Nascar enthusiast. I've got to many tickets from street racing. So I realized driving real crazy on the street ain't the thing for me now (because it takes 3 years for my tickets to clear). I'm not against street racing on totally clear road in the country or somthing because there is some bare ass roads up here, but like I said street racing is where most people hone there skills and then if they like that enough take it to the strip/track, but come on we can't keep bashing these people to take it to the track. You crawl before you walk. :twisted:
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Street racing.

Post by Jan Niemi »

I have to fight the urge myself. Usually the urge wins. Around here (MotorCity) Mustang and Camaro drivers get pissed when I spank them.
I enjoy doing it at the track even more, because usually they have their girlfriends and buddies with them. It is even more rewarding to school the pony boys on the track. Also, a lot of those guys could beat me on the street in a typical 0-60 sprint, on the track, I'm runnin 0 to 107, I usually beat the stock v8 cars around 80mph, from there on, they are watching my taillights!!
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I've never been to the track, but i'm going this summer in Rock falls Wisconsin. So will see how I do, but as of right now my cars in storage preparing for all the upgrades to be put on. Usually all my races are on the street or highway, but that has changed since I seen all these crazy drivers on the street. :twisted:

Minnesota drivers suck V-tec fumes I'm a comin!
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Me

Post by Type R 98 »

Well I have to say it is a P.R. too, and i have nothing against doing a race on bare roads eithers, such things are not as dangerous as city day street racing at a red light... but i do have to agree, i love smokin those mustangs and i have urges to do so, i never really enjoy racing someone in a toyota corolla that's trying to see what i got... As anyone on these boards, i take pride when im not likely to win with a stock type R and i do thanks to those mods, similar to a toyota corolla taking pride if in going faster than my Type R (as an exemple, i havent seen that as of yet, hehe)
Who here can say he resists spanking someone with over twice your cc's even if it's off the track? Not me anyways!
I hope nothing bad happens to all the racing buddies that are on these boards
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
MixMasterMike
New ITRCA Member

Post by MixMasterMike »

i'll put in my opinion, i'm here in california and i'll admit after seeing that damn movie it got more more into the street scene...i think a lot of track racers are hipocrits when they say that they never street race...like you said in the very first post, they have to practice on the street or somewhere...the track isn't open 24/7!

i think street racing is only dangerous to the ignorant, i'm sure many people will back me up...the only people that NEED to get hurt (not saying that they should, but if someone should it should be the racers) are the 2 drivers in the street racing...anyone else that gets hurt are just victims of circumstance...now i'm talking about taking street racing to the industrial areas or streets that are deserted....to those doing it blatintly during the day or in heavy traffic...you're kinda asking for it....now going from stop light to stop light is no big deal...what's the harm?

i think that street racing should be divided into categories rather than one consequence, now i'm talking about the legal part...i think that if you're out in the middle of no where at 2 in the morning with only a handful of people, no big deal, no harm, no foul! but if you do it with lots of people around in traffic then yeah, they deserve it...

that's just my double cent!
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Street racing

Post by Jan Niemi »

Nothing compares to the rush of an all out street race, talk about adrenalin overload. But the fact remains that it is illegal, and every time you and I do it, we're taking a big chance. It's up to the individual to weigh that chance, is it worth the risk? Talk to the dude who got his car impounded. Here in Detroit, just a few months ago a couple of cops got sued and fired for watching illegal street races off duty, unfortunately a young mother and her child was killed by a Mustang that lost control during that one. I know all this and still do it once in a while, I guess to race is to be human? I am personally trying to keep as much of my racing on the track as possible, but I have my weak moments too.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I'm sorry to hear about a child and mother being killed in a street race. The fact is you may think you are a good driver and you very well may be, but you must think about the other driver who may take chances that you wouldn't and his consequence for stupid actions may cost him his life or yours. I hit the highway all the time and I think to myself that even if i'm the best driver in the world who's alway's being safe someone else is driving too, who may not be as cautious and I see this every day, Particularly friday and saturday nights with people not signaling when changing lanes, doing there makeup or pure wreckless driving. In the beginning... (Street Racers Bible Genesis chap. Sega verse 128) I was very wreckless, but as I got a little older I started to understand my behavior was a threat to myself as well as others. so now I cool out, but besides when driving my ITR most people have fake ass Civics or Accords with Type R draped all over the rear bumper I just laugh and keep rolling. I hardly ever see true street racers, but If I did I guess the best way for me to show my power and speed is on a deserted road in the country. I live in Minnesota so there is tons of those! :twisted:

P.S. there is a term used in Japan and the UK to define racers like me and myself.That is Hashiriya's which means those who illegally street race, but are known to have respect for other drivers, if it's not safe to drive fast we won't.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Though all your sentaments about keeping it on the track, and being safe are noble, the basic fact is, that street racing is a way of life, and as cheesy as that may sound, to some of us, it's how we live, and regardless of consequence, it's how we'll continue. Life sux in general, and you shouldn't be fooled by changes in venue, whether it be street racing or anything else, life is chance. Rather than cringe and hide behind statistics and numbers, you might as well embrace the pure fact that competition is in our blood, and if racing is your poison of choice, so be it.

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination justifying anything that happens as a result, but don't believe for a second that any one has a right to critisize the way we lead our lives....

to live is to race; to race is to live....

Later,
Aj
hyperlite
New ITRCA Member

Post by hyperlite »

plus, u gotta remember... not everybody has tracks
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

EVERYONE STREET RACES...IF YOU DON'T/HAVEN'T...YOU CAN'T BE THAT GOOD.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's