CRV crank pulley on jrsc

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
thesheak
New ITRCA Member

CRV crank pulley on jrsc

Post by thesheak »

i think any one who has thought about raising the boost on there set up has heard about installing a crv crank pulley. but there are always these questions that still linger. how much boost does it actually add? do i have to change all the sizes of my ac belt alternator belt, super charger belt. if some one has actually done this crank pulley swap can you please post. i want to do this swap really bad but want to no more about it?

set-up
b18c5
jrsc
vafc
rc 440cc
fujita intake
dc headers
2.5 exhaust
aem fuel rail
walbro fuel pump
spoon cams
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: CRV crank pulley on jrsc

Post by Bbasso »

I don't know a lot about JRSC'ed ITRs but it seems that the list you have is off for max gains.

set-up
b18c5
jrsc
vafc- Oh no! Full programable ECU, no cheap way out unless you want to pop the motor.
rc 440cc- Twice as big as needed.
fujita intake- I never heard of it... get comptech's intake or Mugen.
dc headers- Kamakazi header was rated the best for the JRSC on the C5 motor. But I would use a OE JDM 4-1.
2.5 exhaust- 3 inch would be best.
aem fuel rail- Not needed.
walbro fuel pump- Usually not needed.
spoon cams- Unless they made some for SC'ed ITRs, Leave the stock ones alone. Possibly get cam gears like Toda.
swed
BoostR41
ITRCA Member

Post by BoostR41 »

Bbasso wrote:I don't know a lot about JRSC'ed ITRs but it seems that the list you have is off for max gains.

set-up
b18c5
jrsc
vafc- Oh no! Full programable ECU, no cheap way out unless you want to pop the motor.
rc 440cc- Twice as big as needed.
fujita intake- I never heard of it... get comptech's intake or Mugen.
dc headers- Kamakazi header was rated the best for the JRSC on the C5 motor. But I would use a OE JDM 4-1.
2.5 exhaust- 3 inch would be best.
aem fuel rail- Not needed.
walbro fuel pump- Usually not needed.
spoon cams- Unless they made some for SC'ed ITRs, Leave the stock ones alone. Possibly get cam gears like Toda.
almost all totally accurate. the intake will be fine but he is right about header and exhaust(I have a 3" from my ITR shell Im selling). you dont need a fuel rail(Im on the stock one at 550whp) and you will lose power with all motor spoon cams with the low boost created by the JRSC(again Im on stock cams at 550whp).

I cant say much because I used a VAFC back in the day but with the price of a hondata S100 or even Crome at this point it is just pointless to use the VAFC anymore. also by dialing back fuel on the VAFC your factory computer will advance timing which is real bad under boost. I ran 450cc injectors and 255lph pump with a FMU to bump presure and it was pretty tough to get the injectors dialed back enough.

I would stick with the 440's but not RC cause their spray pattern sucks. go with precision injectors, you wont be disappointed and also stick with the 255lph pump just to be safe. I would also go with a Inline pro head gasket as well. lowers compression a full point and I ran over 300whp with the stock bottom end and 17psi on my first turbo set up on it. definatly a great investment. if you dont go that route you should consider forged internals. with the power the JRSC is capable of making you wont need anything more than eagle rods(also have those laying around) and any forged piston. you can find all that stuff really cheap used but still in good shape.

if you have any questions about the head gasket I ran or anything just ask and Ill try to remember as much as I can since it has been 6 years since I used it

as for the pulley. it does raise boost but you can get a 8psi pulley from JR and that's really all i would feel comfortable with using since there is no "intercooler" for the JRSC. they are great for low boost and throttle response but thats about it. If you havent put the blower on yet look into a greddy "kit". that was my first turbo set up and it was almost instant boost.

thats my dyno of that turbo on my car tuned on hondata. you can see how smooth the curve is. really was a great set up for a fun street car/road race car. that was 17psi and pump gas
#98-0041 SOLD
556whp 399wtq
11.77@130mph full interior 23psi on M&H dot tires

11.010@130mph on slicks 25psi
best MPH- 132mph
ITRnightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRnightrider »

BoostR41 wrote:thats my dyno of that turbo on my car tuned on hondata. you can see how smooth the curve is. really was a great set up for a fun street car/road race car. that was 17psi and pump gas
you get these gains from stock B18C5 internals?

Not sure what "Bbasso" goals are for his R, but the JRSC kit is nice if you want to add a lil more punch to your itR without tearing apart your motor, plus its fairly simple bolt-on. But that depends on his goals.

About his questions though. I bought a JRSC kit and bought the bigger pulley like you said. But im thinking about adding the B20 crank pulley also to gain more psi. and i also have the same question, anyone know whats all involved?
"Racing a domestic is like racing in the special Olympics.
Even if you win, your still retarded."
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ITRnightrider wrote:
BoostR41 wrote:thats my dyno of that turbo on my car tuned on hondata. you can see how smooth the curve is. really was a great set up for a fun street car/road race car. that was 17psi and pump gas
you get these gains from stock B18C5 internals?

Not sure what "Bbasso" goals are for his R, but the JRSC kit is nice if you want to add a lil more punch to your itR without tearing apart your motor, plus its fairly simple bolt-on. But that depends on his goals.

About his questions though. I bought a JRSC kit and bought the bigger pulley like you said. But im thinking about adding the B20 crank pulley also to gain more psi. and i also have the same question, anyone know whats all involved?
What kind of PSI numbers are you trying to get out of the JRSC setup?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
ITRnightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRnightrider »

11-12psi, but im also just curious to find out how much psi you can get get out of the kit with different pulley setups. I plan on purchasing the LHT intercooler kit before i put on the blower and everything.
"Racing a domestic is like racing in the special Olympics.
Even if you win, your still retarded."