Mods to prepare for turbo.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
marco
New ITRCA Member

Mods to prepare for turbo.

Post by marco »

Okay guys my B18C5 is all stock right now and I'm planning on turbocharging it next spring so I was wondering what kind of things I should do to the internals to get it ready.

Also, if you guys know any good websites to get stuff that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave_B

Re: Mods to prepare for turbo.

Post by Dave_B »

Marco... given you DD this car, in the winter.... I would suggest either getting a DD for the winter, or not going FI until you can have another car.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
marco
New ITRCA Member

Post by marco »

Yeah, this will be the only winter I will be driving it though, next winter I will have a beater don't worry :D
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Research Research Research.

There are some very knowledgeable guys on team-integra.net when it comes to Turbo setups. Spend some time reading through the article sections. When going forced induction you need to have a a good mindset (big picture in terms of packaging parts) that I strongly encourage.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
2BARtypeR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 2BARtypeR »

If you want to do it right, I recommend sending your block off to somewhere like ERL and having them work it over. I just got mine back last week. Sleeves, JE pistons, Manley rods, ect. If you have high horsepower goals, you'll want to make sure your engine can support it.

marco
New ITRCA Member

Post by marco »

Okay that sounds like a good idea, how much did that cost? And do you know of anywhere I can get that done in Canada, preferably in Ontario?