What would YOU like to see this place become or changed here

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Re: What would YOU like to see this place become or changed

Post by bluebomber »

You just reminded me I hadn't posted my stuff here yet.
1995 Milano Red Civic EX-S 'EJ1' coupe
Inherited from and dedicated to Holly Marie Patterson
R.I.P. August 29, 1983 - September 17, 2003
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

tartje wrote:This place has had some parts advertised for ridiculous prices before, by an admin.

When he was asked if the price was correct, the person in question got flamed head to foot.

I do agree though that moderating prices is a bit silly. There's no real point, the person just won't advertise it here anymore. If the price is too high, nobody will buy it, their loss.

But to someone on here it may be worth that much and they're prepared to pay it.

I wouldn't pay $50 for canadian red rears. Does that mean if I was a moderator, I would stomp on someone advertising them for $750 and say it isn't worth it, deleted?
Ahh good old Rob :) Actually, your comparison with Rob's old prices is a pretty good one.

Anyways, I agree with you. I personally do think his $4K seats are completely overpriced to such a retarded level that I laugh when I see it, but I wouldn't delete his post either. More power to him is someone buys the seats for that. Personally, I wouldn't expect that sell to come from here for the reasons Erik listed (no one active here cares that much for mint JDM recaros).
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Don't you think that problem could be mitigated a hair by limiting who is allowed to post a parts for sale thread (not car for sale of course)?

I mean we wouldn't really have a problem if somebody that hypothetically signed up in April with little to no posts with no concerns to their reputation if they were to post $4,000 seats, this is all a hypothetical scenario of course.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

tartje wrote:This place has had some parts advertised for ridiculous prices before, by an admin.
not anymore.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Post by bluebomber »

If it makes a difference, I actually have been lurking here for a while, but I never signed up.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

bluebomber wrote: Since you seem to feel that items above a certain price range won't sell, why bother moderating it anyway? Not letting them be put up for sale does nothing to help the community. Who knows, someone might have a price you think is overpriced, but another user may see a good deal and buy or offer a trade that both parties feel is beneficial. Removing items from the market because a mod doesn't like the price will hurt the community.
Erik isn't the only one. His point was the same one I made on tekh. This crowd isn't buying your items, so why waste your time? Focus your energy elsewhere on places they may sell.

bluebomber wrote: There is nothing that says you can't help the community and still sell things other people might consider overpriced. The two aren't mutually exclusive by any means.
We could take a quick poll, but I would wager that no one here would consider your asking prices as helping the community, especially when you have contributed very little to the community you claim to be helping.

Geoff/Steve. You bring up a valid point about a previous Mod. Since he is no longer on staff I say we move forward and learn from it.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itrsteez wrote:Here's a novel idea, make it so you have to have X amount of posts before you're allowed to sell.... so guys can't just sign up to pricegouge show parts.

That's how I have it set up on my site, 500 posts before you're allowed to sell... I'm not sure if this forum software has the same built-in features to allow that but it's just an idea.

On a completely un-related note to pricegouging I see bluebomber just made a new FS post.
I personally like this idea and isn't uncommon. 500 posts may be too high, but the point is clear. It also helps weed out shady individuals which protects buyers.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

I say let the guy list his seats. Its not hurting anyone for them to be up here.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote:
itrsteez wrote:Here's a novel idea, make it so you have to have X amount of posts before you're allowed to sell.... so guys can't just sign up to pricegouge show parts.

That's how I have it set up on my site, 500 posts before you're allowed to sell... I'm not sure if this forum software has the same built-in features to allow that but it's just an idea.

On a completely un-related note to pricegouging I see bluebomber just made a new FS post.
I personally like this idea and isn't uncommon. 500 posts may be too high, but the point is clear. It also helps weed out shady individuals which protects buyers.
Yeah maybe like a 100/250 for here but I think it would make a difference. And I agree with the fact that there shouldn't be an actual policy made against in favor of price fixing, but I'm pretty sure anybody that has been around for a while isn't going to make bullshit listings

I agree that the market will determine the ultimate price, I think I'm just getting annoyed of seeing the same 400% overpriced seat post month after month after month after month
Last edited by itrsteez on April 29th, 2010, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Post by bluebomber »

coolhandluke wrote:Erik isn't the only one. His point was the same one I made on tekh. This crowd isn't buying your items, so why waste your time? Focus your energy elsewhere on places they may sell.
It only takes a few minutes to post. It's like the Ronco food dehydrator. Set it... and forget it.
coolhandluke wrote:We could take a quick poll, but I would wager that no one here would consider your asking prices as helping the community, especially when you have contributed very little to the community you claim to be helping.
All I was saying is that censorship is in no way beneficial. My price says OBO, and I accept trades. I understand you don't like my asking price, but someone else might want them and that's shouldn't be up to a mod to decide what can be posted, unless it's something illegal like stolen parts or a post from a known scammer.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

itrsteez wrote:
I agree that the market will determine the ultimate price, I think I'm just getting annoyed of seeing the same 400% overpriced seat post month after month after month after month
I agree and for the most part (on many sites) the market has spoken....

I like the idea of a post requirement for selling. Other than cars of course.
-Erik

bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Post by bluebomber »

itrsteez wrote:
I have only had them up since February. Some ITRs online go for many months before they sell.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

A minimum post requirement isn't a bad idea, but I wouldn't make it too high. Something like 25 should suffice.

Beyond that, let the market dictate it. If people ask ridiculous prices, no one will buy.
bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Post by bluebomber »

I know I am new here, but I also support a post requirement. I often wonder why other sites don't implement one as well.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

bluebomber wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
I have only had them up since February. Some ITRs online go for many months before they sell.
well you're not selling an ITR, you're selling a set of $1000 seats. (poking fun now...:P)
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I too agree that there should be a minimum post count before being aloud to post in the market section.

I think 50 posts should do it, and some valid points have been brought up. While I don't agree with 4k seats, or the trades considered it's not up to me to judge a "value" or price listed on a part. It simply just won't sell here.

ROR, any way we can implement a post count minimum for the FS sections? At least for parts? Cars I would say no, as they are trying to get as much exposure as possible and people most likely wouldn't post a stolen car FS... but someone trying to just get rid of parts could easily do it here, or elsewhere without such a limit set in place.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

We can hold all the big changes for the moment. Dave and I are working on some bigger changes :) ... :P
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

cheezthis wrote:We can hold all the big changes for the moment. Dave and I are working on some bigger changes :) ... :P
If you're hinting what I think you're hinting then there are high levels of like right now.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

cheezthis wrote:We can hold all the big changes for the moment. Dave and I are working on some bigger changes :) ... :P
Score! A super secret yellow section on here that only yeller people can post in?!
-Eric
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Jay, I like the sound of that. :)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

itrsteez wrote:
If you're hinting what I think you're hinting then there are high levels of like right now.
Yep, that's right, we're selling to InternetBrands!!!

:P
-Dave
bluebomber
New ITRCA Member

Post by bluebomber »

So when are you guys going to start switching over to VBB and banning everyone? :P
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

bluebomber wrote:So when are you guys going to start switching over to VBB and banning everyone? :P
That's GK's job :)
-Dave
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Dave-ROR wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
Yep, that's right, we're selling to InternetBrands!!!

:P
AWWWWWWWWW HELL MAN YOUS GON BE OPRAH RICH
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Dave-ROR wrote: Ahh good old Rob :) Actually, your comparison with Rob's old prices is a pretty good one.
So.. why is my name mentioned twice?
(haven't been here much)
swed