'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Re: Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

Post by cheezthis »

Ha...
We will have some updates in the near future. All of us have been busy working on some back-end stuff for the longevity of the event.
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

I will go against some of the grain, I enjoyed expo 10 in Chicago. I vote for a East cost EXPO, I'm just to damn busy to say I can pack up and drive to cali.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

integrao wrote:I will go against some of the grain, I enjoyed expo 10 in Chicago. I vote for a East cost EXPO, I'm just to damn busy to say I can pack up and drive to cali.
Nothing wrong with saying that, and I'm glad you enjoyed E10. :)

We haven't committed to any track on paper yet, and we have a few fronts we're working on.
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

integrao wrote:I will go against some of the grain, I enjoyed expo 10 in Chicago. I vote for a East cost EXPO, I'm just to damn busy to say I can pack up and drive to cali.
Unfortunately, with the way my company continues to reduce the amount of vacation days I get, I might be in the same boat.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

E10 was awesome! Since being located in Ohio, Cali drive is a stretch. It would def be nice to make trip out to Cali, but prob not going to happen unless E11 falls on July 1st thru 10th (my summer break during school). If on a different date, then I know that I will not be able to take a whole week off of school. I'm hoping for Expo to be closer to the MW or East coast(Mid-Ohio) . But if not, hope Expo 11 does well in the West Coast.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Asian G wrote: I'm hoping for Expo to be closer to the MW or East coast(Mid-Ohio) . But if not, hope Expo 11 does well in the West Coast.
I'm with you on this one, it would be great to make it but I can't swing California. I'd still like to run into you MW/NE people, maybe we could get together on something little.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

itrsteez wrote:
Asian G wrote: I'm hoping for Expo to be closer to the MW or East coast(Mid-Ohio) . But if not, hope Expo 11 does well in the West Coast.
I'd still like to run into you MW/NE people, maybe we could get together on something little.

I agree with U, it's always fun to run into familiar faces again at an annual event. If a lot of us can't make it to the West Coast Expo, another alternative/suggestion for us MW & East coast guys is to continue the We-Todd Expo. I'm not trying to take anything away from the ITR Expo, I'm in support for the Expo, & the committee has been great to us all the years, but unfortunately a lot of us aren't going to make it out to Cali cause of legitimate reasons. I can't miss more than 2 days in a row of school or I lose out a lot of money!

Just my thoughts.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like expo to be a little more close to the East Cost. Missing a week of school or research is just not the most viable option for me. I look forward to hearing some of the solid possible options for expo though. I know it would be huge on the West coast for sure.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

integrao wrote:Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who would like expo to be a little more close to the East Cost. Missing a week of school or research is just not the most viable option for me. I look forward to hearing some of the solid possible options for expo though. I know it would be huge on the West coast for sure.
Trust me man, I'm with U on missing school. If U ready back the first 7 to 10 pages, there are a lot of R members stating there case about not being able to attend Expo in Cali. And these are guys who have been going to these events for years! Expo has always catered well to the MW & East Coast cause of continued support, but we do have some GungHo West coast members who make the trip out our way as well. What ever the committee decides, I'll always support them.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Yeah the WC guys deserve to get a taste of how awesome expo is. I question how many on that massive list on nwp will be quick to register when the opportunity comes or if it will actually breed some future diehards. It all remains to be seen. The only thing I'm worried about is having all of the organizers put in the normal countless hours and then get a little bummed out when the vast majority of familiar faces are nowhere to be seen, that same level of camaraderie can't be present without all of those people there. Attending an expo (not knowing what it was all about) and seeing how tight the community was sold me on expo/itr community.

Either way my opinion is speculative moot, I just hope the WC guys realize how awesome of an opportunity this is and take full advantage of it.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

I like the civil discussion :)

To be honest, I'd love to both next year. I don't know how feasible it is though. Doing a west coast and east coast event could:

- overwork the staff 10 fold
- force some people to not attend one because they cannot afford both
- make sponsors feel a bit strained with donations

It is something I have thought about a lot though. If there's enough interest for both, maybe we can pursue it.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

Let's not talk about doing two EXPO's and work on just one for now. :D

Im trying to work on doing small events with Jared(JReyes) to get people to come on out and have a good time. We are going to see how these small events work out next year and try to do something a bit bigger come 2012.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

YellowKahuna wrote:Let's not talk about doing two EXPO's and work on just one for now. :D

Im trying to work on doing small events with Jared(JReyes) to get people to come on out and have a good time. We are going to see how these small events work out next year and try to do something a bit bigger come 2012.
I'm really curious how that upcoming one will turnout, so do keep us posted on it if you can. I appreciate it and am sure others do too.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

I have a pretty good hunch that its going to be a small turn out, mostly, the usual suspects that will be in attendance.
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

YellowKahuna wrote: Im trying to work on doing small events with Jared(JReyes) to get people to come on out and have a good time. We are going to see how these small events work out next year and try to do something a bit bigger come 2012.
I've been to Buttonwillow like 5 times since I last saw you. I see Jared there every time. Where are you? :roll:

Koala, who thinks someone else should lead the west.
JReyes
New ITRCA Member

Post by JReyes »

KOALA YUMMIES wrote:
YellowKahuna wrote: Im trying to work on doing small events with Jared(JReyes) to get people to come on out and have a good time. We are going to see how these small events work out next year and try to do something a bit bigger come 2012.
I've been to Buttonwillow like 5 times since I last saw you. I see Jared there every time. Where are you? :roll:

Koala, who thinks someone else should lead the west.
Kahuna and I are always in communication about future/possible events. i wouldn't say any ONE person leads the west. we all talk and are friends.
Kahuna and i might be a bad comparison for who you see at the track too.

He has a real job and lives further from the track than i do.

i have been at the the track so much lately because of my involvement with a honda challenge car and also to help promote the new business im starting.

The point im trying to make is just because you dont see him doesn't mean he isn't doing anything.
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

KOALA YUMMIES wrote:.
I liked your post before you edited it.
GI8U2racing
New ITRCA Member

Post by GI8U2racing »

I'll bring the race car to Mid Ohio, it would be good practice for Nationals. Further west, not gonna happen.
Jonathan Baker
ITR #00-880 - #32 H2 Honda Challenge
ITR #98-763 - Daily driver
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

I wonder if we could lock in some really good rates with a shipping company?
Anything over 5 hours in the R is exhausting. no interior, no radio, no air, no cat, tons of engine bay heat,tons of unburnt exhaust fumes, i couldn't physically do it.

I was recently talking about planning a west coast trip for a few weeks and hit up some of the major tracks. ship the car over, burn it to the ground, then ship it back.

I would be able and willing to spend a grand on transportation, 3-500 on event and 3-500 on flight. that would be a super maxed out budget, and i dont know anyone who is gonna ship a car across country for 500 each way.
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I would be willing to split transportation costs to "share" a car. With the house I can't afford, nor justify spending $1000 on gas/food/lodging get there and back. I would have to fly out, share the car duties, and fly back.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
TurboLS
ITRCA Member

Post by TurboLS »

I'll go ahead and throw this out there.... I am already planning on bringing the race car across the country for SEMA next year as part of our booth. So, I'm good no matter where the event is held. Plus, we get a bump in vacation next year at my 8-12 job (bonus!)

Assuming 2 expos aren't super early in the year and there's like a 1 month minimum separation between them, i could probably make both.
[url]http://www.automotivespecialtytool.net[/url]
Peer to Peer Renting and Lending of Specialty Tools for a Variety of Machines

2000 ITR Daily
TurboLS
ITRCA Member

Post by TurboLS »

Also, those interested in shipping a car: I do have decent discounts through my SEMA membership... If you'd sport some stickers on the car, I may be able to get decent pricing for shipment. I'll be examining this myself in a few weeks to see what kinds of rates I should expect.
[url]http://www.automotivespecialtytool.net[/url]
Peer to Peer Renting and Lending of Specialty Tools for a Variety of Machines

2000 ITR Daily
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

2 expos?? Don't think that would be a good idea. I have 2 weeks off this summer and patiently waiting for location and dates :)