The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
D
"D" that's it.

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by D »

Reconstructed title paperwork back from pendot! just need to get new tags, a windshield and inspection/emissions...and i might be driving 551 by the end of the year! Woot!

Made my day. 8)
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

itrsteez wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:Its going to be my Christmas present to myself...
How many things do you buy that aren't presents to yourself?

I just dropped $175 in registration for my VCP exam tomorrow, confidence is low as I've heard from many people that it's pretty rough but I figure it'll help further studies if I can get a feel for it. Either way I'll be psyched the day I obtain it, even if it isn't tomorrow.
Let me know how it is. Did they make sure you actually took a VMWare class?

I'm thinking about doing it.. did the class before we implemented VMWare ourselves.. first thing I learned in the class is that no one installs VMWare themselves according to the instructor... not sure why, it's not difficult but literally no one in the class did their own VMWare implementation. I did ours the next week, no issues and it was easy. :shrug:
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

itrsteez wrote:I just don't get it, do they chop them up? register them in mexico? put the motor in an F150?

Now that 2 people on here have had them stolen I'm curious what the demand is.
if it were a Cummins I'd say we should go question that gas station attendant in Ohio.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Erik95LS wrote: if it were a Cummins I'd say we should go question that gas station attendant in Ohio.
ah point noted
Dave-ROR wrote: Let me know how it is. Did they make sure you actually took a VMWare class?

I'm thinking about doing it.. did the class before we implemented VMWare ourselves.. first thing I learned in the class is that no one installs VMWare themselves according to the instructor... not sure why, it's not difficult but literally no one in the class did their own VMWare implementation. I did ours the next week, no issues and it was easy. :shrug:
When I signed up for an account on the pearsonvue site they asked location/dates of the class and it took a day for the account to get activated so I figure it was manually checked by somebody somewhere.

Out of all of the products we work with it's definitely the one I'm the most excited about an motivated to fully grasp since it touches on so many core components. Plus everybody is so shit scared of it that it makes you look like a wizard.

I don't expect to pass today and I'm fully okay with it, I just want to know if I have been studying in the right direction. I'll report back around 4.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

D wrote:Reconstructed title paperwork back from pendot! just need to get new tags, a windshield and inspection/emissions...and i might be driving 551 by the end of the year! Woot!

Made my day. 8)
W00t!
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

good news Matt :!:
:mrgreen:
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

Matt, we need pics!
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Steve- How did the test go?

Matt- Awesome! Goodluck with getting that car back on the road!
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Bradstard wrote:Matt, we need pics!
This.. :)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Dave_B wrote:WHAT??? You have to wait 30 days? Police policy, or Insurance policy?

Smells like BS to me!!!
My friends that have had cars stolen had to wait 30 days as well, because of insurance policy. USAA's insurance policy is 14 days, which was great when my Integra was stolen. Got me back into a car quickly after that.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote:Steve- How did the test go?
Just missed it.. So it went bad that I didn't make it but I'd say I was no more than 3 questions off. 75% of it was "pick two" or "pick three" so that was adding to the brutalness of it. I've never failed a cert exam before but I'm okay with it being that one. Most of the questions were strictly trivial and not conceptual, like asking what options would be within this menu so it is definitely testing. I've heard from many people that 10-15% of the questions are configuration maximums, so I've made sure i've had those numbers concreted in upstairs for the past few weeks and they didn't ask a single one......fuckers, haha.

As intended I was able to identify the areas where I need to study further, while I fully understand ESX, networking, storage, vcenter (the real important stuff) etc it's all of the little items that I don't use that got me (host profiles, update manager, the new data recovery manager (we use VCB still, etc..)) I'm very confident that I'll get it next time.
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

That sucks Steve, hopefully you can get it next time.

On a good note, they found my truck last night. I need to get over the impound lot this morning to check out the condition.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Bradstard wrote:That sucks Steve, hopefully you can get it next time.

On a good note, they found my truck last night. I need to get over the impound lot this morning to check out the condition.
Nice! Hope it's not f'd up.
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

G'luck Brad, hope it's not tore up.
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

Well work calls so I won't have time to go and see the truck today. I'm off to Asheville...
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Hope it's all intact man! Glad they found it!!!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

:fingers crossed: hope the truck is ok. :(
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

Finally have a garage for the winter!!
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

itrsteez wrote:
Just missed it.. So it went bad that I didn't make it but I'd say I was no more than 3 questions off. 75% of it was "pick two" or "pick three" so that was adding to the brutalness of it. I've never failed a cert exam before but I'm okay with it being that one. Most of the questions were strictly trivial and not conceptual, like asking what options would be within this menu so it is definitely testing. I've heard from many people that 10-15% of the questions are configuration maximums, so I've made sure i've had those numbers concreted in upstairs for the past few weeks and they didn't ask a single one......fuckers, haha.

As intended I was able to identify the areas where I need to study further, while I fully understand ESX, networking, storage, vcenter (the real important stuff) etc it's all of the little items that I don't use that got me (host profiles, update manager, the new data recovery manager (we use VCB still, etc..)) I'm very confident that I'll get it next time.
Do you guys use Enterprise PLus? I'm sure the VCP testing material only covers the supported Host Profile, etc stuff with Enterprise Plus.. if you use ESXi you can work around it though..

We only use ESX (well licensed anyways, have some ESXi stuff for test/dev but it's all standalone boxes with local storage) and only have Enterprise licensing so I'd likely fail on that stuff too.. dist switches are easy, hell at least it's easy to set MTU with a dvswitch compared to a normal vswitch.. why they couldn't add that to the normal vswitch I have no idea.. I so rarely do that I have to actually think when adding a host to remember each step.

I wonder if they changed that in 4.1? I need to upgrade my dev cluster and see.. also see if it fixes a bug with vcenter performance monitoring that I'm having.. which has broke completely.. vmware hasn't been able to fix it yet nor has google searches.. haven't cared since it's so underutilized at the moment but need to fix it.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

Oh you are speaking my language!
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
D
"D" that's it.

Post by D »

Doespike wrote:
Bradstard wrote:Matt, we need pics!
This.. :)
bah... looks like every other CW.....

98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itr #1334 wrote:Finally have a garage for the winter!!....
Psh, you know where I live. I still have two open bedrooms....
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

Hawt D!
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Dave-ROR wrote:
itrsteez wrote:

Do you guys use Enterprise PLus? I'm sure the VCP testing material only covers the supported Host Profile, etc stuff with Enterprise Plus.. if you use ESXi you can work around it though..

We only use ESX (well licensed anyways, have some ESXi stuff for test/dev but it's all standalone boxes with local storage) and only have Enterprise licensing so I'd likely fail on that stuff too.. dist switches are easy, hell at least it's easy to set MTU with a dvswitch compared to a normal vswitch.. why they couldn't add that to the normal vswitch I have no idea.. I so rarely do that I have to actually think when adding a host to remember each step.

I wonder if they changed that in 4.1? I need to upgrade my dev cluster and see.. also see if it fixes a bug with vcenter performance monitoring that I'm having.. which has broke completely.. vmware hasn't been able to fix it yet nor has google searches.. haven't cared since it's so underutilized at the moment but need to fix it.
Yeah we are on Ent Plus, I'm actually in the middle of taking all of our old ESX4 stuff to ESXi 4.1. They aren't going to hit dvSwitches too hard, the only concepts that they drill is that it's a vSwitch that is stored locally on all hosts and that ingress and egress traffic can be shaped on dvSwitches only. But the rest is going to be normal virtual networking concepts, make sure you have all of your failover and teaming policies and security modes.

I'm actually not bummed out on "failing" as I couldn't of been any more than 3 questions off, and with 75% of the material being "pick two" or "pick three". I just need to brush up on the non-essential parts of vSphere that I don't personally use on a daily basis. So many of the questions were not conceptual but yet trival, asking which 3 items you'd see in such and such menu is super trivial in my eyes. It does enforce knowledge of all items offered so I do understand that's why the way it is.

Still pissed I didn't get a single config maximum/partition sizing question though.