Production Number

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
supermac16
New ITRCA Member

Production Number

Post by supermac16 »

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a 98 Type R. Unfortunately the badge on the armrest was stolen out of the R and the guy who owns it now says it was #257 but he didn't sound like he really new. Is the production number labeled anywhere else on the car? Is there a way i can find the production number through the VIN number?? Any help will be greatful
BLKITR
New ITRCA Member

Re: Production Number

Post by BLKITR »

I am not sure if you can tell what Type R number it is. However, by decoding the VIN number you will be able to tell that it is indeed a Type-R

Use this guide from ITRCA's FAQ to decode it:

http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/general/vincode.php
Last edited by BLKITR on June 30th, 2003, 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2000 ITR #413 Black
AEM CAI \ DC 4-1 header
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: Production Number

Post by Dave-ROR »

supermac16 wrote:Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a 98 Type R. Unfortunately the badge on the armrest was stolen out of the R and the guy who owns it now says it was #257 but he didn't sound like he really new. Is the production number labeled anywhere else on the car? Is there a way i can find the production number through the VIN number?? Any help will be greatful
Nope, it is not recorded anywhere else. sorry.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis