tire wear pattern

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Janice
New ITRCA Member

tire wear pattern

Post by Janice »

It's time for me to buy new tires and I was concerned about my tire wear pattern and wanted to check if this is normal. The tires on the car are the OEM tires and I was noticing the back tires wear away faster than the front tires. In addition, both rear tires seem to wear faster on the left side of the tire tread. Is this normal wear pattern for the type r? or is there something wrong with my car?

(note, the tires have been rotated probably twice that I remember)
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

The wear on the left side is normal but your rear tires should not be wearing faster. It should be the other way around but that is probably due to your rotation.
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Post by WTypeRogerX »

B2FiNiTY wrote:The wear on the left side is normal but your rear tires should not be wearing faster. It should be the other way around but that is probably due to your rotation.
Why does only the left sides wear most? I've only noticed the outer edges on each tire wear, but that's because most of my driving is auto-x and track.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

What do you mean wear on the left side? Do you mean on the outer part of the tread?