Question about a tranny

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Amy96Integra
New ITRCA Member

Question about a tranny

Post by Amy96Integra »

I recently found a 94 integra for sale for 1500, reason being it needs a new tranny because the old one is cracked due to running over a sewer drain,i was wondering if its worth it to buy the car and put in a new tranny or am i just wasting my money?
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Re: Question about a tranny

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

what your saying is kinda confusing.. Are you saying this Integra (meaning the entire car) is for sale for $1500... if so, I'd buy it, you can part the car apart and gain your money back plus some. Though if they're asking $1500 just for the tranny I would pass on the deal... GSR trannys usually go for around $500-$750.

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
cvracer01
New ITRCA Member

Post by cvracer01 »

yeah if you can get a teg for 1500.00 go for it
die all of you rota luv'n @%#$s
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

e r i c s 9 9 s i wrote:what your saying is kinda confusing.. Are you saying this Integra (meaning the entire car) is for sale for $1500... if so, I'd buy it, you can part the car apart and gain your money back plus some. Though if they're asking $1500 just for the tranny I would pass on the deal... GSR trannys usually go for around $500-$750.
No dude, she means the entire car for $1500 with a broken transmission case. She's asking if it's cheaper to buy the car and replace the transmission or if she would wind up spending more than a '94 Integra is worth.

To answer your question, you're getting an excellent deal. A new tranny from a junk yard is not that expensive, assuming you do your own labor and install it yourself.
Amy96Integra
New ITRCA Member

Post by Amy96Integra »

ok im going to buy it im just waiting for the guy to respond back to my email,i have another question since the tranny is cracked is it unable to be driven? Im about an hour away from him and i was wondering if even with a cracked tranny would it be able to make an hour drive or am i just asking to ruin something else? thanks for all your help! Amy
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

If the tranny is blown you can't drive it, however if it the diff's are are out of whack you could squeeze it. I've seen it done in my friends R. You just gotta go check it out. And for $1,500.00 who gives a shit get it towed for a couple of bucks.
good luck
Amy96Integra
New ITRCA Member

Post by Amy96Integra »

ok,yeah ill just get it towed that seems easiest plus i dont wanna mess anything up.thanks!