time for new clutch need help.

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

time for new clutch need help.

Post by ITR97 »

well its time for a new clutch. any suggestions?
should i go back and replace the oem clutch or get a better one?

so far all i can think of is the ACT clutch kit that comes with heavy duty pressure plate and organic street disc which is 30 percent increase in pressure over stock.

i still want to race my car, so i need something that would last and engage fast, at the same time reliable, because i also do city stop and go driving? thnx
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: time for new clutch need help.

Post by Jan Niemi »

CM stage 3 is beautiful. Stock engagement, holds much more torque. If you want a clutch for street driving only go with the stage 2. Don't forget to have the flywheel machined.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

I've ran the Exedy Organic clutch/flywheel setup for about 3-4 years now and it still holds and looks like new... http://www.coximport.com/exedy has the best prices on them. $283.00 shipped!!

(my clutch has been through: 9psi JRSC, 9800RPM Built N/A setup, 16psi Turbo Boost, and 100shot n2o setup, and now my ITR motor) I'd recommend this clutch to anyone... cause I beat the hell outta my car and its still going strong.. This clutch has seen so many 8000 RPM full out drops at the track I've lost count... no slippage once so ever.

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

stock ITR = stock clutch , easy choice.
TypeR 801
ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR 801 »

Exedy Organic is nearly identical to the OEM clutch (same MFG - Daiken) and is cheaper. Get the exedy, unless you want to spend the extra cash for an OEM. Also, the Exedy kits include a clutch alignment tool as do most other clutch kits. The OEM does not for some reason and they are not easy to find!
bbqman wrote:stock ITR = stock clutch , easy choice.
Jeff Brown
98 ITR #801
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR97 »

yah i heard the exedy is a good clutch.
getting the organic street clutch which can handle decent hp and is a little bit more aggresive than the stock one
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I had the excedy and did not like it, I would go with the stock setup if your within 20 hp of stock output.

ck out clutchcityonline.com- that where I have found the best deals and great service.
swed