Need Help(AEM CAI)

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ITR1340
New ITRCA Member

Need Help(AEM CAI)

Post by ITR1340 »

Installed the CAI last night no problem, with bypass valve. put everything back together. Car started and immediately cut off. Started again and cut off. if i gave it gas it would run but you could smell how rich it was running. I took the intake back off and put the stock back on but the same thing. Any ideas. i can't leave the car at work again. Thanks
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

My car did the exact same thing. After the install my car kept stalling. I stayed with it and let it chill a bit and it fired right up again after a few minutes. I can't tell you why though
ITR1340
New ITRCA Member

Re: Need Help(AEM CAI)

Post by ITR1340 »

I went back and tried it this morning with the same results. I checked all the connection and hoses. nothing is crimped or blocked and all the sensors are plugged in . the only thing i didn't do last night when installing was unhook the battery. I don't know if this is a have to do thing. I have put in a few CAI and have never done it. i tried to put the stock air intake back on and it still just stalls. I am out of ideas hopefully someone has had this happen and can shed some light on it
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

ITR1340 wrote:I went back and tried it this morning with the same results. I checked all the connection and hoses. nothing is crimped or blocked and all the sensors are plugged in . the only thing i didn't do last night when installing was unhook the battery. I don't know if this is a have to do thing. I have put in a few CAI and have never done it. i tried to put the stock air intake back on and it still just stalls. I am out of ideas hopefully someone has had this happen and can shed some light on it
CEL?
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
ITR1340
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR1340 »

No CEL. The guy at AEM seems to think it is a vacum line. I looked and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I don't know which would have come undone.
rysbrnr
New ITRCA Member

Post by rysbrnr »

Maybe during installation you accidentally bumped the spark plug wires on the distributor, hence crappy, rich idling from a cylinder not getting a full spark. At first I was thinking maybe a sensor was unplugged but you said no CEL. Try resetting the ECU. The car should still run fine even if there was no intake on at all. Even if the hoses that connect to the intake pipe are off, it should run. Is there gas in the car? What other mods do you have?
Sully
01 PY ITR#352 (for the twisties)
AEM CAI, Fluidyne rad, FAL fans, ACT stg2,
JUN flywhl, JDM front /mirrors/steering
whl/airbag tray
01 AUDI S4 stg 2+ (for the Autobahn)
Abt, H&R, Forge BPV, 3"ex, 18" Fondmetal 9x
w/Falken Azenis, 13.5@101mph w/shitty launch
92 TALON Tsi AWD (for 11 sec blasts)
20g, 2g MAS, Apex-i FMIC/S-AFC/AVC-R/N-1
exh/ Aeroquip/Aeromotive fuel sys, Blitz
BOV/Technospeed Z-1...most funds go here