Pics of my dyno

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
01-0147
New ITRCA Member

Pics of my dyno

Post by 01-0147 »

Car was tuned at Jotech in Garland, TX
This is my 01 ITR
DC JDM 4-1 header
AEM cai
Skunk 2 springs & retainers
Skunk 2 stage II cams
Skunk 2 cam gears
Apexi VAFC

All this car made was 181 whp
and the curve is all swiggly
What do I need to get it straight?
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

All motor your going to need to up the comp....only way. My car made 194 with my old all motor set up:

Toda cams
Toda cam gears
Toda springs
Spoon header/test pipe
Spoon head gasket
AEM CAI
B&M FPR
VAFC
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Honda til' I Die
New ITRCA Member

Re: Pics of my dyno

Post by Honda til' I Die »

You first need to think about your goals. What is reasonable for you...how much hp do you want? Will you drive the car every day? Will it be driven once a month? Weather paterns for your area...altitude levels of your area...and most importantly, can you meet your goals with your specific budget.

Are you just installing bolt ons to the engine? Will you work on the head only? Will you tear into the bottom end? Nitrous? Turbo? Supercharger? Will you crack the tranny to install closer set racing gears and a larger final drive...? Would it just be easier and more cost effective to order a complete race prepped engine? With the full engine, you will definately save on labor if you cannot perform the work yourself.

First off, I would strongly consider staying away from the Skunk parts. Toda, which I'm sure you have seen mentioned several times over in these forums is a reputable maker of quality Honda parts. Sure, they are a bit pricey but there is a very strong reason for that. Jun, is another good one, however, stay away from the flywheels they make. Chrome-moly tends to 'explode' under high stress.

Start calling around to shops and ask for advice and tell them what you want to accomplish with your car. JG is a good shop to call. I believe they are located in California. Download some translation software for your browser and start surfing the net on Japanese sites. See where the guys over there are shopping at for their go-fast goodies. If anyone knows it, the japanese do.

Hopefully this helps you get on the right track. I would like to throw some more ideas your way to help, but I do not know what you are trying to gain.
GTKage
New ITRCA Member

Post by GTKage »

man those numbers are very low for the mods u have made....u should be in the 190's whp..... my car made 181whp and 134 of torque with just bolts on....and i have the same mods that u have now but i did put the mugen head gasket and the aem ems, and now i am running 200whp...but the car needs tunning, i l have the final number by this week end....
my advice to you is to play with your cam gears and get the aem ems to get the full potential out of the cams
Try to keep up with me
ITR0754
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR0754 »

How much difference did the cams make in terms of HP figures ??? I have a similar setup sans VAFC (will be installed this weekend) and cams. In other words, is the VAFC/Cams combination worth 20HP on the dyno ??