Question for R owners

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
01typer1112
New ITRCA Member

Question for R owners

Post by 01typer1112 »

I have a 01 Type R, AEM CAI, w/13000 miles, what kind of oil filters are you guys using and what kind of oil? Anybody try a HAMP (honda) oil filter? Are they worth it? 8)
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

hamps are good if you can find them.

mobil 1 are good. bosch are ok too.
C2CTypeR
New ITRCA Member

Re: Question for R owners

Post by C2CTypeR »

01typer1112 wrote:I have a 01 Type R, AEM CAI, w/13000 miles, what kind of oil filters are you guys using and what kind of oil? Anybody try a HAMP (honda) oil filter? Are they worth it? 8)
OEM Honda filter
2001 PY Type-R # 264 Naturally Aspirated Only
Sponsored by Toucan Industries and Ignited Performance
C2C Importlifestyle Public Relations

It's a proven fact that GIRLS love yellow cars!!!

REST IN PEACE AUNIE!!!
Trey
Site Admin

Re: Question for R owners

Post by Trey »

C2CTypeR wrote:
01typer1112 wrote:I have a 01 Type R, AEM CAI, w/13000 miles, what kind of oil filters are you guys using and what kind of oil? Anybody try a HAMP (honda) oil filter? Are they worth it? 8)
OEM Honda filter
OEM are Fram filters now. WOuld not suggestoing even going down the aisle with frams on it. . .
97-241
New ITRCA Member

Post by 97-241 »

Trey, do you mean that Fram makes the same filter as Honda originally used or that FRAM is currently the supplier for Honda and rebadges Fram's design?

What is a HAMP filter? If both of these are sold by Honda, how do you distinguish between the two(different part #s or made in different countries?). If HAMP is the good filter that originally came with the car and they are hard to find, anybody know where to get a case of them at :D

OK, one more oil changing question since mine is just around the corner...does anybody know the torque specs for the drain plug and oil filter? I still have not bought a service book yet :(
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Hamp is a japanese filter that is difficult to get but considered a quality filter.

Fram is junk and Fram is from what I have heard the current supplier to Honda Americ. Tennex is the japanese OEM Honda supplier. Hamp is not OEM.

Hamp's are green for identification purposes.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Hamp

Post by Aj »

Actually depending on what you consider OEM, Hamp definitely is, they even use a Honda part number.

HAMP stand for Honda After Market Performance, and is very similar to TRD that they sell in the US, the filter is called the HAMP Synergy filter, and it's the only thing I will run on my car. I'm sure I still have the graphs on sediment polution, and temperature, for the HAMP vs. the stock blue ones, and the HAMP is so much better then the stock, it's silly!!! Let me know if anyone wants the graphs.

If you go look on inlinefour.com website, they sell them, after shipping, I think they're like 11-12 bucks. Worth it if you ask me.

If you go to Honda's website in Japan, they have a list of all the HAMP products they sell, some include brake pads, winshield wiper blades, lightwiehgt battery, synthetic oil and gear oil, hyperwhile bulbs, iridium plugs, and few other goodies. It's all kinda a pain in the ass to get, but if you are patient, it can be done.

Later!!!
Aj
Chris N
Site Admin

Re: Hamp

Post by Chris N »

OEM Honda....