Stolen - 97 #85

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Stolen - 97 #85

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

My Type R was stolen on Monday, January 12th from the D.C. area (Vienna to be exact).
Anyone else had theirs stolen?
Keep an eye out for it!

-Furious
They better not have ripped it for parts. At least let it live. It only had 28,000 miles on it and was in perfect condition.

:evil: :x :!:
jdm cw type r
ITRCA Member

Post by jdm cw type r »

sorry to hear that piece of shit fuckers cant work for thiers so they have to take from those who bust thier asses for they have!!!!!
Yes it's a real type r!!!
schao
New ITRCA Member

Post by schao »

My first ITR (1998) was stolen after only 9 months and 6k miles of use. I'm about to buy my second ITR, and was hoping that thieves would have moved on to other cars ... guess I'm wrong and now wondering how long before I lose another. My condolences on your loss, and definitely point out the true market value of the ITR vs stock Integras to your insurance company when it comes to a financial settlement.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

I hate to see and hear this! I hate thieves as my 00si was stolen and my only hope is that your insurances gives you enough to fix it correctly or
pay if off so you can buy a new one! please tell me what kind of security
you had on the car? I have my 01 over secured but am always into new
ideas on keeping her safe,again sorry to hear this the 97's are so nice and so rare hate to loose another one!
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Never enough security!

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

I would love to at least hear of one person who recovered their stolen R.
It doesn't matter how much security you have. If they want it, they'll take it. I think it would take a 007 type security device to stop them.

I also live on a residential backend street, so whoever took it had to have found my address attached to the type of car.

I'm also curious whether anyone had lojack on theirs and didn't get it back???

And did anyone's insurance come close to covering its value?
Renzuko
New ITRCA Member

Post by Renzuko »

My R was stolen back in July of 03 it was recovered but I was missing fenders, lights, hood, and wire harness. I was lucky not to have the motor touched or the interior.
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Did they catch them

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

Did they catch the culprits when you got your car back, or was it abandoned?
typeRated
New ITRCA Member

Post by typeRated »

Im hurtin over your loss,
Hope you find it in one piece. I'm getting paranoid since I'm moving to some apartments where they have covered parking in a gated community... Where I live now it is my private garage.... I don't know what I would do if mine was stolen....
Renzuko
New ITRCA Member

Post by Renzuko »

they were caught but got off because the officer forgot to read there rights to them. What a wonderful justice system we have. In anycase, dont let your insurance company brand your title if you get the car back. They did that to me and it voided my warrenty.
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Advice

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

Let's put an end to all this type R theft and mutilation.
Best suggestion I have is to make sure there is no record of your home address associated with your car. Use a PO Box at the DMV, the Acura dealership, the insurance company, and any place you've ordered custom accessories from.
No security device will stop them, and few will come close if they come pick the car up with a flatbed.
Still though, use as many devices as you can get your hands on. Make them work for it a little if they manage to get it.
And lojack. Let's increase the number of recoveries and arrests.
For those without a garage, get a tire iron like the police use for unpaid tickets in a lot of places. Put it on when you're not going to drive for a few days or more. Wheel locks are a must. Put every device you're willing to take the time to use on it. Nothing will stop them, but it can slow them down or make them think twice about yours.
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Unfortunate!

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

They found the remains of my car yesterday in Arlington.
Just the frame and the steering wheel. :cry:

So, what prices have people seen stock 97 Type Rs with under 30k miles going for in the past couple of years?
I need to make sure I get a fair settlement from the insurance company.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Try to get near or above 15k for the car from the Ins Co, It might be a stretch but start high and you might be a winner in the end.
swed
97 Type R 85
New ITRCA Member

Pics of the remnants

Post by 97 Type R 85 »

Well I just got my first peek at what's left of my car:

http://www.cstone.net/~haden/TypeRShell.html

It was found at 4301 Columbia Pike in Arlington, VA.
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Holy crap.. That really sucks man.. Looking through those pictures, I feel your pain. I hope you can find a nice replacement.. they are out there.
Renzuko
New ITRCA Member

Post by Renzuko »

depending on your insurance company, if it hasnt been totaled out yet, sometimes you can actualy make them restore your car to its original condition before it was stolen. Not only does this save you the trouble of getting a new R, but it will keep your title from being branded if you were planing on keeping whats left.
Skills
New ITRCA Member

Post by Skills »

omg that totally brought back nightmares of my 2nd crx. but in my case they left the engine block, tranny, and wheels (i had 4 differeng lug nuts :lol: on my stock wheels). at least they kept the body panels in decent condition they diddnt leave anything on my car doors, hatch, fenders, hood bumpers, ROOF (looked like they took a sawzall to it). anyways i hope you find a replacement if they dont put your car back together. hey theres gotta be some hope my GF just wrecked her rodeo and had$12k worth of damage to it and the thing is valued at $16k and they are putting it back together (makes no sense but they are paying for it we aint).

ryan
schao
New ITRCA Member

Post by schao »

For my insurance settlement of my stolen '98 ITR, I put together a list of ITR's that had been advertised for sale, then contacted the seller to determine just what they got (I found previous owners cooperative once I explained that it was for insurance settlement and nothing else). Once the adjusters realized that the ITR is rare, they were willing to negotiate an amount that I was happy with. In the end, my settlement (which includes the sales tax associated with whatever value you agree to) was about $1k less than I paid for the car just 9 months earlier back in 1999. Don't just go by what you think its value is, the insurance adjuster will need to see documentation of how you arrived at whatever value you feels is appropriate. Good luck.
revolution8k
New ITRCA Member

Post by revolution8k »

That sucks mang. My friends don't seem to understand why I lock my 00 Si everywhere I go. I still need to get a new alarm because the stock one is weak IMO. Hope they didn't rip it for parts either. I hate thieves
koji126
New ITRCA Member

Post by koji126 »

:cry: That's really sad...I don't know what I'd do if my car was stolen. Arg...why can't people just leave these cars alone.
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

Post by blue-streak »

off topic but how do you use a PO BOX instead of using a address im compleetly clueless
revolution8k
New ITRCA Member

Post by revolution8k »

blue-streak wrote:off topic but how do you use a PO BOX instead of using a address im compleetly clueless
PO Box means a Post Office box, there's hundreds of little boxes inside the main entrance at post offices that you go and check.

OR if you live in an apartment complex and every person has those little boxes down in the lobby.
blue-streak
New ITRCA Member

Post by blue-streak »

do i have to purchase one? and how much? so its like a secondary address?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Sad pics.
But I'm glad they atleast dusted for prints.

Are you going to get it back?
If they did not cause major damage and you still love it, it might be worth letting the INS Co pay for the rebuild.
swed
revolution8k
New ITRCA Member

Post by revolution8k »

blue-streak wrote:do i have to purchase one? and how much? so its like a secondary address?
um no if you already have a home address then you won't be able to get one.

sorry for being offtopic. having shit stolen still sucks.