Expo: Official Midwest Caravan

Previous forum archives from past ITRCA.com Integra Type R Expo Events
Chris N
Site Admin

Expo: Official Midwest Caravan

Post by Chris N »

Leaving Chicago: THURSDAY July 22.
Time: 8am. Eat... then leave.
Location: 1615 Waukegan Road, Glenview, Walker Brothers on Waukegan Ave.

For those coming from the west or who are not meeting at Walker Brothers: We can coordinate meeting up alone I-80 in Indiana or somewhere else... please post your concerns/thoughts.

Info: There are plenty of Chicago area expo participants who can house those of you driving from the west if necessary.

Let's keep this thread on topic to help those out who are looking to meet up for the ride to expo 4!

We better reschedule since we have a new Expo location!
Last edited by Chris N on July 13th, 2004, 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
97SpecR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 97SpecR »

Is there anyone from Indiana going to the Expo? I think I may be the only one from Indy. Hit me up at NADC2R@aol.com or AIM NADC2R
97 Integra Type R #182, Mugen Twin Loop, Koni Yellow's

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti.
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

what time are you all meeting at this breakfast place?
u got an address so i can find it.
i'll probably leave about 3AM from MN to get to you guys by 9
i'll have anywhere from 1-4 R's with me :lol: (assuming they get paid for)
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Mist sITR wrote:what time are you all meeting at this breakfast place?
u got an address so i can find it.
i'll probably leave about 3AM from MN to get to you guys by 9
i'll have anywhere from 1-4 R's with me :lol: (assuming they get paid for)
It's on Waukegan Rd in the Glenview area, I don't have an address off the top of my head.

You'll probably hit a bit of traffic when you come in, but nothing too bad since it's still far out of the city.
nsxtasy
ITRCA Member

Post by nsxtasy »

Walker Brothers Original Pancake House
1615 Waukegan Road
Glenview, Illinois 60025
847-724-0220

From Milwaukee and the north, on the Tri-State Tollway:
Take I-94 east from Milwaukee and northern suburbs. Follow all signs for I-94 east. Stay in the left lanes for I-94 (Edens Expressway) where it splits with I-294 to O'Hare. After going through the toll plaza, take the next exit, for IL-43 / Waukegan Road. Turn right at the top of the ramp onto Waukegan Road southbound. Go 4.4 miles and the restaurant will be on your left; the entrance driveway into the parking lot is on the far side of the restaurant.

From northern suburbs, on the Edens Expressway (U.S. 41):
Proceed southbound on US-41. After you cross Lake-Cook Road, US-41 merges with I-94 and becomes I-94 east. Continue to exit 34A "Skokie Blvd" and take that exit. Go through the first traffic light at the shopping center. At the next traffic light (major intersection), turn right onto Lake Avenue heading westbound. Go two miles to the light at Waukegan Road (major intersection) and turn right onto Waukegan Road northbound. Go 1/4 mile and the restaurant will be on your right; the entrance driveway into the parking lot is on the near side of the restaurant.

From Chicago and the south:
If you're downtown, take I-94 west (Kennedy Expressway) to the junction, and follow signs for I-94 west onto the Edens Expressway northbound. Follow all signs for I-94 west. Take exit 34B "Lake Avenue west" onto Lake Avenue westbound. Go two miles to the light at Waukegan Road (major intersection) and turn right onto Waukegan Road northbound. Go 1/4 mile and the restaurant will be on your right; the entrance driveway into the parking lot is on the near side of the restaurant.

Click here for a map and directions from your location.
Last edited by nsxtasy on March 6th, 2004, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

Well i just talked to Danny (my co-driver) and he's got family in chicago so we're goin to go down there wed. and spendin the night. (thumbs up)
see ya guys thursday :!:
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I'm gona get in on this as well. could one of you guy's recommend a hotel in the area I can stay at that has a lot of lights outside? (paranoid) :twisted:

My mind is the weapon, My heart the extra clip....
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

NICE! i was wondering if you were going to pay or just talk about going :P
now me and danny got another R to roll to chicago with :D
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Re: Expo: Official Midwest Caravan

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

Im from the Chicago area, Chris N I think we've met before (BBQ at that park in Highland park last summer).

I havent decided if I am going yet but I will be making sure of that pretty soon. :D Hopefully they'll be another midwest R joining the group.
PY01-0332
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY01-0332 »

northwest suburbs, eh? i dont know which will be further... driving to the meeting place, or to the expo...
expo n00b
Austin
New ITRCA Member

Post by Austin »

I'll be coming in on Hwy 80 from California, not sure which day I'll get there, but I'll be driving through...we'll have to swap a few cell numbers so that we can meet up on the way if we can.

Austin
nsxtasy
ITRCA Member

Post by nsxtasy »

It's about time that we nail down the date and time we're departing, no?

I'd like to suggest that we drive out there on Thursday, and that we meet at the Walker Brothers in Glenview at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast, and depart for the Beaver immediately afterward.

Please fill up your gas tank right before we meet at Walker Brothers, and we can empty our bladders at the restaurant. That way we won't have to stop for a while when we first start out.

Those who want to meet up with us at various points along the way, we can share cell phone numbers and try to hook up that way. I'll volunteer to put together a master list of cell numbers for those who are planning to be a part of our caravan, either in Glenview or meeting up with us along the way.
PY01-0332
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY01-0332 »

whoa... 8 a.m..... that means i have to leave my house at 5:30a.m. just to get to walker bros. on time. i pretty much live right on rte. 80 here. is there anyway i can just meet you guys up in like joliet or something?
expo n00b
nsxtasy
ITRCA Member

Post by nsxtasy »

PY01-0332 wrote:whoa... 8 a.m..... that means i have to leave my house at 5:30a.m. just to get to walker bros. on time. i pretty much live right on rte. 80 here. is there anyway i can just meet you guys up in like joliet or something?
We're not going through Joliet. However, you're welcome to meet up with us on our way out of town. I'm sure we'll be going from Walker Brothers through downtown Chicago to the Skyway. If you're coming on I-80 from Joliet, our routes converge about 20 miles east of the Illinois-Indiana state line, where you get onto the Indiana Toll Road from I-80. We will already be on the Indiana Toll Road at that point.

If all goes according to plan, we might be going past that point as early as 10 a.m. (but things never seem to go perfectly on time). That's what cell phones are for; just call one of us and we'll let you know exactly where we are.
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

First post edited to reflect the changing info....