Average motor life..

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
tekkyDC2R
New ITRCA Member

Average motor life..

Post by tekkyDC2R »

does anyone have an idea of around what mileage the b18c5 begins to break down.. having been serviced regularly, and pushed a fair amount. i just need a rough estimate.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: Average motor life..

Post by Dave-ROR »

tekkyDC2R wrote:does anyone have an idea of around what mileage the b18c5 begins to break down.. having been serviced regularly, and pushed a fair amount. i just need a rough estimate.
Stock, with scheduled maint. and not abused, I'd guess 150-200k.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

111,000 miles & haven't done any head or block work other than installing cam gears.

btw - I drive the car hard :wink: I've run ~15 HPDE's with this car & done all of the maintenance myself.

http://www.itrca.com/gallery/budman/index.php

I think Dave's estimate is probably pretty good. I'm expecting to open her up in another 30-40k for valve springs, rings, etc...
tekkyDC2R
New ITRCA Member

Post by tekkyDC2R »

thanks for the replies.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

not many ITRs have even reached that mileage yet but I'm sure it can be pushed past 100k pretty easily as long as the maintance has all been done on time or earlier.

It would be hard to say how healthy the motor is exactly at that point though.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: Average motor life..

Post by George Knighton »

tekkyDC2R wrote:does anyone have an idea of around what mileage the b18c5 begins to break down.. having been serviced regularly, and pushed a fair amount. i just need a rough estimate.
There are definitely quite a few ITR owners who are over 100,000. That includes some well known Florida folks who are known to thrash the cars on occasion. :)

My own car burned a piston at Summit Point at just shy of 80,000 mi. This is an ITR that has been driven by me, race drivers, instructors and others on the road and on the track, and frequently pushed. Can't really complain.

At Expo-3, I don't think it really caught much of a break at all. LOL... I think it was in every session for two days.
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

sorry to bring up an old post but I was wondering if anybody could provide like a scheduled maintenance outline? I'm thinking about getting a car with 145k miles on it and I'm clueless on how long its going to last. I've tried searching but this is the closet I've come.
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Look in the FAQ section here under maintenance, it gives a quick overview of basic maintenance intervals. If you want to get more detailed, look for a helms or an Integra service manual.
CW 98 #805
F0rsfed
ITRCA Member

Post by F0rsfed »

up
00' Turbo R<-----#167
All Stock B18c5
Full-Race t3/t67 powered

91' Civic 4dr
Beater

| Team RUSH | Vouches | Full-Race | Fast-Turbo | Crp Turbo |
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

I can see an itr motor go past 200k easy with the right maintanence and of course a driver that doesn't beat on it.
nsxtasy
ITRCA Member

Post by nsxtasy »

Champ R wrote:Look in the FAQ section here under maintenance, it gives a quick overview of basic maintenance intervals. If you want to get more detailed, look for a helms or an Integra service manual.
The recommended intervals for scheduled maintenance also appear in the owner's manual.
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

hmm how much do you think it will cost to replace everything? wouldnt you have to start replacing more things then what the 90k lists?