Need input on problem...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

Need input on problem...

Post by 3_diamond »

My car is making thumping, clunking noise from the right rear wheel whenever I take a right turn pretty hard. And also I just replaced my tires...I have 16" honda accord wheel. Before I had yokohama parada 205/45/16, now I have Goodyear Eagle F1 with 205/45/16 also, but the front tires now rubs against the fender whenever I turn. My car is lowered with coilover pretty flush to the fender but not slammed. What do you think I should do with height of the car? Would raising it a little take care of the rubbing? It rubs the front side of the fender, not the top. And about the clunking noise from the rear...I really have no idea what it is. Please give me input. Thanks!
mstewar
New ITRCA Member

Post by mstewar »

i'm sure it's hitting because of the height - at least in the rear..

what are the offsets of those wheels? check the torque on the lugnuts on the rear?
1998 CW ITR #0055
3_diamond
New ITRCA Member

Post by 3_diamond »

I don't know what offset it is because it is just a 2003 Honda Accord wheel 5 spokes. But the whole diameter of the tires is actually shorter than stock itr wheel. I found out the thumphing noise is wheel balancer in the rear wheel. Thanks for your reply! I think I will just raise the car a little and see if that helps.