Finally GOT MY R!!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Finally GOT MY R!!

Post by Azcheron »

all i have to say is........ OMG! :D

its a 2001 PY 43k miles number 198

thanks dev :)

but anyway....the car is amazing, truly amazing, my 98 GSR even with 8k invested doesnt hold a candle to this thing around corners and top end.

i really dont have words to explain how much i love this car

car is stock expect clear corners, bilstein shocks and H&R springs....oh ya
just waiting for some floor mats from dev and im good to go :)

i know how 75% of you on this site have R's and already know they are amazing, but i just cant get over the car

for all of u who think the R is just a pimped out GSR, there is nothing that i would want to do more right now than to slap the shit out of you....

well worth the 20,000 bucks....

oh ya btw, if anyone wants to see something crazy, i got a video of a Type R completely stock...winning an autocross style race against a stock skyline, an rx-7 and a few supras and what not. the turbo cars take the straight aways, but the R crushed them hardcore on the turns, its pretty sick....ok im too hyper right now, need to stop typing and need to sleep

Ill get some photos up soon, after i wax the piss out of this thing
---------------------------------------------
2001 PY ITR #198
1998 NHB GSR
The R isnt a car, it's an obsession
Last edited by Azcheron on March 12th, 2004, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

LOL!!! oops, guess you cant put BOLD on a post title..... oh well
510kut
New ITRCA Member

Post by 510kut »

congrats haha I hope I get my R in 2 months. *pray pray pray*
Justin Klemgold
ITRCA Member

Post by Justin Klemgold »

Congrats!!! I was on the same cloud when I got my ITR and I will be there again when I get it out of winter storage next week after not having driven it for over 4 months...I can't take it anymore!!!

Take it easy on the road...the R's handling requires a mature driver...I smacked mine into a guardrail because I thought I was holier than thou because I had a type R.

Lesson learned...no more driving like a dumbass except at AutoX. :D
Last edited by Justin Klemgold on March 13th, 2004, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Congrats man... I love my R, and I am sure you do too. But now do you see why we get pissy when people with a GSR slap a spoiler on and a Type-R sticker? :)
Heh... the best I saw was this guy with a milano red GSR, tried telling me it was a type-r... wrong color, had the side rails on it, sunroof, didnt do 5 lug convo... heh... amusing to say the least, especially when I asked what year it was and he said "'99." :)
But enjoy your R... you'll notice a bunch of kids with a a late 80's civic with a loud exhaust try to pass you and cut you off to try to show off or make them selves feel better about their POS. Just ignore them. They know they are slow, and know its a POS, and thats why they do it-- to try and make them feel better so they can say "Yo dog... my 88 civic just smoked an ITR." And be prepared for people asking "Yo, is that a real type-r?" And dont street race... you know you got a nice car, but ya dont need to show it off and risk loosing your DL or even your car, if not your life. If some POS pulls up and starts reving, just laugh it off. Not worth what can happen.
Other than that shit, enjoy your ride. :) Just use yer head ane be safe man...

-Mythias
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Enjoy the car but Keep it safe!
swed
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Now you have to come to the EXPO for sure !!!
swed
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

congratulatons!! I remember when I got my R we parked it in the drive way so the neighbors could see it. I was really nervous so about every 5 minutes I would look outside and check on it. I still do that today when ever I drive it no matter where its at. Take my advice and enjoy ever second your driving that car because it is the ultimate Integra.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Post by 40calpal »

bump to u Azcheron :o

good choice
Sure a plane is fast but you can't chirp second in a plane!
schao
New ITRCA Member

Post by schao »

Just want to offer my congratulations on your new purchase as well. The advice to keep it safe on the street is very sound. No offense intended, but I would expect that you will need to raise the bar on your driving techniques to match the limits of the R, and there is no better (safe and legal) way than either autox or HPDE. Good luck and enjoy.

'98 CW#77
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

wow, thanks for all the feedback guys! ill get ya some pics soon
Joker
New ITRCA Member

Post by Joker »

Congrats!! Looking forward to seeing the pic's :D
F0rsfed
ITRCA Member

Post by F0rsfed »

congrats on the r
00' Turbo R<-----#167
All Stock B18c5
Full-Race t3/t67 powered

91' Civic 4dr
Beater

| Team RUSH | Vouches | Full-Race | Fast-Turbo | Crp Turbo |
Bryce
New ITRCA Member

Post by Bryce »

8) lets see those pics :P
#1185 from 2000
Dev
ITRCA Member

Post by Dev »

Haahahahah....nice! nothing like waking up the next morning after buying you R, and remembering shit...i gotta go to work....but atleast the commute will be fun

Man, im really excited for you, although It was hard for me to look out into the driveway this morning and see my new ride....the beast from the east, 94 nissan sentra xe... :lol:

here is a suggestion...take the car up rt3 heading toward Nashua (you may have to come down south 3 a bit) and get off at exit8, towards Amherst (and sunnyside Acura). That long sweeping left hand turn is perfect.....smooth and slightly banked....that was the turn that sold me on your car!!

Have fun
Dev
nightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by nightrider »

enjoy your car man!! i remember when i first saw my friend's R, drove it a couple years later, and then finally got on a year or two later. absolutely love it, but paranoid as hell that it'll get stolen. keep her safe, learn to drive, and switch back to the ambers (look a whole bunch better IMO). :wink:
00-1526 FBP JDM front-end
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

congrates on the R! I couldn't sleep very well for the first week! and mine was in the garage! I drove it today and love it more every time I drive it.
that first drive in the morning and that first turn always lets me know I am in a special car. get alot of good security so you can have that car for years to come 8)
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

4 months storage? Try one year for me, one more month before i drive it!
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
Azcheron
New ITRCA Member

Post by Azcheron »

LOL!! DEV! Hey if you get this, give me a call, i have like 3 quick questions to ask you about the R