New to site, aslo new to type R! 01-1316

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
PvilleITR
New ITRCA Member

New to site, aslo new to type R! 01-1316

Post by PvilleITR »

Hey everyone, i just bought a 2001 ITR last week. Its basically stock, 47000kms. very fun to drive. I wasnt sure if i wanted a RSX Type S, or the R. I never actually test drove a Type S, i just read that no one liked them and they sold them to buy type r's. Are ITRs faster than Rsx's?
CW 2001 ITR
01-1316
BLAAK
ITRCA Member

Post by BLAAK »

Congratulations and welcome to our family!

You will love your car more and more. I'll have to admit that it's probably the best car all around (some are super fast in the straight but can't turn fast, some turn fast but don't have power, etc....) I ever driven from summer to winter. Yeap, I drive my baby in winter. It goes good; just put on good winter tires.

Concerning the comparison of the different TYPEs, I'd say that the R is quickier due to the weight factor because the S has a load of shit in it to slow it down. Perhaps on take-off, the R may be a bit slower but will pass on the longrun!

Enjoy your acquisition.

Blaak
PvilleITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by PvilleITR »

The handling is pretty impressive, i must say. After having a couple Integras and dropping lots of cash into them, they dont even come close.
CW 2001 ITR
01-1316
RDL_Type r
New ITRCA Member

Post by RDL_Type r »

I raced with a friend who has a Type S and the R is faster. First gear this is the same until the S has to shift then the R takes a little advance due to higher RPM. Same thing for the second gear. 3rd the R begins to go forward, 4th the R is gone and on 5th even more. And the cornering can't be compared.
Integra Type R 1999 #256
Civic HB (winter)
http://public.fotki.com/morgie/qsr/drag ... ue-99.html

''If driving a Type R doesn't make the petroleum in your blood boil, you should collect your pushrods and go home.'' --Dave Coleman
tooburns
New ITRCA Member

Post by tooburns »

welcome in the R familly :D
PvilleITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by PvilleITR »

RDL_Type r wrote:I raced with a friend who has a Type S and the R is faster. First gear this is the same until the S has to shift then the R takes a little advance due to higher RPM. Same thing for the second gear. 3rd the R begins to go forward, 4th the R is gone and on 5th even more. And the cornering can't be compared.
Excellent, im very confident i made the right choice! Now if i could only learn how to drive standard......

j/k!
CW 2001 ITR
01-1316
Dupes
ITRCA Member

Post by Dupes »

welcome aboard! 8)