Yes, you can post in here you know!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Yes, you can post in here you know!

Post by Dave-ROR »

So post damnit! :)
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

You're killing me - hehehe

I hadn't noticed it had been that long.

I guess it's time to bring back the regular Type R forums...
ITR#974
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR#974 »

Hey I was here just 2 days ago and this wasn't here..AWESOME!!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

NICE!!!

cause HT is pretty much done.

So how is the weather in FL Dave?
swed
itr
ITRCA Member

Post by itr »

finally
xunkn0vvnx
New ITRCA Member

Post by xunkn0vvnx »

what do you mean HT is almost done Bbasso ??
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

All the retards have found it and taking over :|
Same things over and over, 90% of the new people just have no brain power and refuse to put any effort into what they need. Basically they need to use the Search button.
swed
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

nice to have it back :D
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

HT down?
Midtenn
New ITRCA Member

Post by Midtenn »

walker111 wrote:HT down?
I think it was more of a comment that most of the HT ITR forums has turned into uneducated Type R owners who think they are better than others, but don't feel like actually looking up any info thats been discusses hundreds of times.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

Midtenn wrote:
I think it was more of a comment that most of the HT ITR forums has turned into uneducated Type R owners who think they are better than others, but don't feel like actually looking up any info thats been discusses hundreds of times.
Yea I got that part, I just had trouble getting on yesterday. Just wondering if any of you guys had the same prob.
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

Nice to have it back 8)
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

walker111 wrote:
Midtenn wrote:
Yea I got that part, I just had trouble getting on yesterday. Just wondering if any of you guys had the same prob.
Rely Net came under an intense attack. It can be easily solved if someone's at the console, but it was at a time that Mike was off and it took him 45 minutes to drive to the site.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

xunkn0vvnx wrote:what do you mean HT is almost done Bbasso ??
It's nice to have the ITRCA specific forums back, because the relationship with HAN never did work out very well.

However, Bbasso must intend to use some kind of magical witchcraft if he thinks that his simply saying a few times "HT is done" that it's anything close to being done.

Any perceived attitude in the ITR Forum there is because of older members bashing brand new membes who simply do not know any better.

It's not a fraternity and it sure as hell is not the Country Club of Virginia.

It's not a restricted, closed club and we cannot keep the world from changing!

The OG just have to be prepared to help the new guys, and that's all there is to it. Telling people to search doesn't do a lot of good unless you're willing to show the new guy how to do it, and list a few of the helpful threads that he would have found if he did search.

This poor kid's standing at his notebook with grease on his hands looking for help with something he just screwed up and all he gets is a bunch of smart remarks from the fraternity hazing committee.

If the ITR Forum goes down, it will be because the OG cannot be bothered to help, or they are so angry at their own circumstances that they take out their anger by hazing the new guys.

Don't make no sense. None at all.

And if you bring that attitude over here then it sure as hell won't be any better over here.

And another thing: Before you think it's wise to embark on any kind of orchestrated attack on Honda Tech, you should be aware that it is, in fact, doing better than it ever has. Rely Net hosts two of the most popular Web boards in the world, namely VW Vortex and Honda Tech.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=640&h= ... =itrca.com

The little red blip at the bottom is the occasional impact that ITRCA has made on those rare occasions that there has been a good Expo thread or some unusual classifieds and regional activities.

I think ITRCA is a great adjunct site to Honda Tech, and it's great to have some of the old articles accessible and still have the ability to bring them up and ask new questions.

However, it's folly to act like there is any "problem" with ITR Forum that isn't solved by the people who complain about it.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Honestly George, it really doesn't matter. This site is focused on 1 type of vehicle. HT is trying to serve an entire brand (I post in the TL section occaisionally as well).

The red blip is bigger than I expected considering that the main forums haven't been turned on for 2 years :P

Anyway, we're glad everyone is coming back. Hopefully, we can maintain a solid group of informative posts, have some fun & most of all, avoid the crap that continually ends up covering most of the HT/Type R site.

Enjoy :lol:
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

I still feel that we all fail to realize that we were all noob's at one point. I remember when I refused to post in the ITR forum because of 1, I didnt have an ITR, and 2 I was too intimadated to do so. I read and read and learned alot. Thats one thing I see a big change in is the amount of tech in the forum. Granted tech comes from testing waters and exploring what the car can actually do. I have no desire to do what some of these people do to there cars. I've watched and helped Steve Sakai, Gordon Mack, and Warren build, drive, and explode multiple motors and cars. They have helped me do what I have done to my previous cars which is peanuts compared to them but I dont have the income to play that hard.

Nowadays there is alot of non tech stuff. Fine, but the ratio between tech and non-tech stuff has fallen far.

To all of you I am still a noobie and you have no clue who I am, some have met me some not. So take this with a grain of salt, I'll still be around in the end playing and tinkering with the R :wink:

If it was up to me (which its not) I would just want more tech in the forum. The people are great! The car is great!

Jim
Midtenn
New ITRCA Member

Post by Midtenn »

Don't worry guys, its happens in every community. Club4ag has ran off most of the knowledgable people b/c of all the "fan boys" wanting to get into drifting with AE86's.

Most got tired of seeing, "What do I need to turbo my car?", "4AGZE or 20v?" and the best of all, "Why can't I find a GT-S after searching for 2 weeks?"

Honestly, even now I only skim posts when are progess posts, or how tos b/c no one ever post anything information b/c the first reply is usually a link to the search function.
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Jan Niemi wrote:nice to have it back :D
Agreed! :D
-Brad
Kicker773
ITRCA Member

Post by Kicker773 »

i think if more users posted here i might convert, but i come here time to time =)
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Just stay here full time, this place is so much nicer and less flaming :lol:
swed
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

bbasso wrote:Just stay here full time, this place is so much nicer and less flaming :lol:
True, but no where near the traffic.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Traffic, Who needs that? We have the answers for 99.9% of the questions asked. It might take a few hours to get answered instead of minuets... Big deal.
swed
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

bbasso wrote:Traffic, Who needs that? We have the answers for 99.9% of the questions asked. It might take a few hours to get answered instead of minuets... Big deal.
lol, true. But I can sit on HT all day long and see new threads start all the time, and get responses all the time. Here you wait and wait and wait. Take this thread for example, we have 22 posts and it was started in Sept, if this was on HT we'd have 8 pages of posts. There would be alot of BS in there but sometimes that stuff is funny.

I dont know what we would have to do to get this place that much traffic, Sometimes HT gets on my damn nerves especially with all advertisements and crap but it still gets my first click when I get on the net. This site is great just not as "happening" as HT. For the things we hate about HT, we love it for.
1Greyteg
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1Greyteg »

8)

Ok where's my cookie?
where am I?
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Post by canuckr »

1Greyteg wrote:8)

Ok where's my ice cream?
Fix it for joo :P
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..