First buying a car

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

First buying a car

Post by NewITRuser »

Hey what are the things I should do when buying my car? I know to check things out and stuff like that but I don't want to be missing anything out, so can someone just help me out? Thanks :) :)
Sprockett
ITRCA Member

Post by Sprockett »

- Make sure you have a written Bill Of Sale stating clearly every aspect of the transaction, including the VIN of the car you're buying, if there is a warranty, etc.
- If the car is modified, ask for the stock parts. Also ask when the mods were done, and who did them. Ask for receipts for the work done.
- Check the normal stuff...make sure the body panels line up. If they don't it may have been in an accident. Check the wheel bearings, the muffler, the body for rust, underneath for leaks, etc.
- Make sure the VIN matches with what you are buying, meaning check out beforehand that the VIN is from a real Type-R (if that's what you're buying)
- Make sure you get the title after the transaction has completed. Don't give him anything until you actually see the title, and don't let him leave with your check until the title is in your hands
- Make sure you have made arrangements to get the car insured once you take delivery.
- If at all possible, have a compression test done before buying the car, and have a QUALIFIED mechanic look it over. If someone refuses to let you do this, they may be hiding something.
- Make sure (if you are buying a used car from a private party) that you have test driven a car like it beforehand. There is NOTHING worse than buying a car and then finding out you don't like it.

Basically, I have learned that you need to go into these kinds of things (especially buying from a private party) thinking about all the ways you could get screwed and trying to minimize them. Also go in thinking the guy selling it to you is lying...take everything with a grain of salt and don't be affraid to ask questions and investigate on your own before actually giving them money.
2000 PY Integra Type-R Turbo
#2000-602
Check it out:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2185863/1
NewITRuser
New ITRCA Member

Post by NewITRuser »

thanks alot :D